RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Relentless

Is there a way to format 250mb USB thumb drive?

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of 250mb usb thumb drives laying around and would like to use them to save my xbox 360 profile on to bring to my friends place and use however xbox 360 will not format thumb drives less than 4gb (or something stupid like that) is there an alternative program that can do this or method to trick the xbox into formatting them?  

I'm aware there is a feature to adjust partition space for 4gb thumb drives but that would defeat the whole purpose of me wanting to use up the 250mb thumb drives - any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of 250mb usb thumb drives laying around and would like to use them to save my xbox 360 profile on to bring to my friends place and use however xbox 360 will not format thumb drives less than 4gb (or something stupid like that) is there an alternative program that can do this or method to trick the xbox into formatting them?  

I'm aware there is a feature to adjust partition space for 4gb thumb drives but that would defeat the whole purpose of me wanting to use up the 250mb thumb drives - any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

dash 17349+

just format to FAT32

create a folder named "Content"

inside that folder create one that says "0000000000000000" (16 0's)

and your xbox will recognize it no problem ;-)

• Like 1

dash 17349+

just format to FAT32

create a folder named "Content"

inside that folder create one that says "0000000000000000" (16 0's)

and your xbox will recognize it no problem ;-)

Correction: Should see it...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Correction: Should see it...

Sent from my SM-G903F

true.. there are some limitations.. like speed and whatnot.. OLD ass flash drives MIGHT not work.. haha.. 

Hey Guys,

Woot your suggestion worked - thanks a bunch!

I would also like to share a few tricks I learned to help make things easier.

Instead of re-creating the folders, I just went into xbox 360 content manager and drag and dropped my profile folder from my an older 4gb usb that had my profile on to my desktop and then copied the folders onto the 250mb USB and voila, I was able to login via the 250mb USB stick.

Also, not related to the original topic but a tip for Aurora users - should you decide to use xbox 360 content manager which requires SMB for it to work and at the moment Aurora doesn't have this option yet.  What you can do is keep a slimmed down version of FSD on your xbox just for the purpose of using xbox 360 content manager.  Have FSD configured so all the scan paths are completely clear which will allow it to load super fast and prevent it from creating any unwanted folders since all you want it for is SMB anyway. 

Hopes this is helpful for anyone with a similar setup - cheers!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Woot your suggestion worked - thanks a bunch!

I would also like to share a few tricks I learned to help make things easier.

Instead of re-creating the folders, I just went into xbox 360 content manager and drag and dropped my profile folder from my an older 4gb usb that had my profile on to my desktop and then copied the folders onto the 250mb USB and voila, I was able to login via the 250mb USB stick.

Also, not related to the original topic but a tip for Aurora users - should you decide to use xbox 360 content manager which requires SMB for it to work and at the moment Aurora doesn't have this option yet. What you can do is keep a slimmed down version of FSD on your xbox just for the purpose of using xbox 360 content manager. Have FSD configured so all the scan paths are completely clear which will allow it to load super fast and prevent it from creating any unwanted folders since all you want it for is SMB anyway.

Hopes this is helpful for anyone with a similar setup - cheers!

You couldve used aurora file manager, and skipped the whole pc connection all together...
  • Like 1