RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Raut1n

Extracted games

Hello all. Long time follower first time poster. I did a quick search for extracted games but couldn't find an answer

After some advice with extracted games. I have a seagate 2tb external drive to which my games are installed on. The problem I have is getting games to load.

Games that have been backed up, run through iso2god and place on external hdd work fine.

With the extract function (previously in fsd and now the copying of files in aurora) I can get games to load if they are extracted and installed on the internal hdd and show up in the cover flow library.

If I extract and copy to the games folder on the external usb drive, it comes up with the this game can't be started message. Yet they have ripped correctly because if I then copy back to the internal hdd, they work fine

It sounds like a bad FS table on your external HDD, my suggestion is that you download and run GUIFormat

Using this tool will remove anything you have on the drive, so back it up first...

Once you've formatted the drive with this tool it should work fine with the games, if not, i'd say there's something about that particular HDD which the console don't quite like...

Personally i use a 2TB WD Elements

Cheers for the reply

Even though the GOD format games run fine off of the external HDD? Could what you suggested just effect the games that the 360 rips/extracts

Cheers for the reply

Even though the GOD format games run fine off of the external HDD? Could what you suggested just effect the games that the 360 rips/extracts

you missing files.. files getting corrupted.. this is alot less common with GoD containers, as they are ~160MB chunks.. 

Cheers for the reply

It could be the cluster size which causes the issue, GOD containers have each file with a fixed size, except for the last one... that may have an effect on how the data is stored which in turn may have an effect on how the 360 reads it... especially if you can just copy the game from the external drive to internal once extracted and run it from there... as when you copy the data it doesn't matter if all data is in memory at the same time or not as it'll all be written back to the new location just fine... games expect the data to be in memory, be available... when it's not there it crashes or fails to load...

Sent from my SM-G903F