RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
speedemonsd

More Connectx trouble

There's a reason we don't provide it on here... it's part of XDK systems and it's therefor also illegal to distribute... illegal things are not allowed on here, sorry...

Okay well someone one se7sins was nice enough to provide it. Anywho I got it setup and SMB isn't showing up in the file manager as it should not even after restart even tho the plugin is listed as loaded. FSD however has no problems accessing the shared game folder from my laptop. I wouldn't mind using FSD just for the shared games but I get disc unreadable error for every game even games that I have tested before like far cry 3 that used to run fine even on 2mbit wifi. I get the feeling theres some connectivity issues. I tried connecting the xbox via ethernet directly to the laptop and used static IP on both. Ftp runs fine but then SMB access is cut off. If I bridge the wifi and lan it kinda works. If I just share the wifi w/o bridge then I get unidentified network. Could I please get some assist on how to setup IP's on laptop side and xbox side , no tutorials cover this sadly. The weird thing is everything used to work fine with static IP configs on my old XP laptop but on this win 10 machine something seems restricted

Update: I got the connectivity issues sorted with a hub. The share is accessible via smb from fsd but the connectx plugin is not working. It shows as loaded in aurora and same as in fsd but in the file manager ConX:\ is not showing up. What the actual **** is going on? I have over 1tb of games on my laptop but no way to play them because of this goddamn plugin! any suggestions ????

Edit:

Two Threads are consolidated !

Dr.Gonzo