RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
AntiVirGear

Playing Games from Games with Gold on foreign console

Hi,

I recently RGH my second console and tried to play the Games, which I downloaded on my old console first. I cant play them somehow only if I'm logged in xbox live. Stupid, that now it's glitched so any connections outside will ban my console.

I tought if I use RGH, they dont give a **** about licenses and else :/

Transmitted by Elephone P3000s

We've patched away most license checks, but there are still checks which we cannot remove without breaking games from working...

I might figure out how the patches need to be done on those, are they GOD type games or XBLA?

Most of them are GOD but some XBLA like Minecraft (bought from live market, non games with gold) aren't working too.

It looks like that they made a new license technique which cause that games are licensed now to a specific console (I had a call because I wanted to transfer my licenses on the second console before rgh and there was a problem)

XBLA needs to be unlocked using XM360 or similar, what that does is essentially remove the license information

Well, there has always been 2 sets of Licenses for Xbox 360 games purchased online - Console and Profile with the profile one being you can only play using that profile on other consoles...

Maybe they've changed the behavior of that over time, i don't know...

The big change is that nobody can play these games like Metro 2033 (August 2015) even I can't EXCEPT I am the owner of this game AND connected to xbox live!