RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Aboi

Is it possible to set a custom .xex to load a game?

Hello RealModScene community, I was wondering if its possible to add .xex to load instead of the default auto scan. I'm not referring to the path but let's say for example, Black ops 3 its a 2 part, both tiles for bo3 have title updates and compatibility packs, and both don't run correctly, I went to the game directory and started it from the xex " Default_zm.xex" not the default xex. The same would go for black ops 2 it doesn't start from default xex but instead "default_mp.xex", my questions is, is it possible to remove the xex it has to the correct one. 

BTW: I tried a suggestions I seen to press "B" in aurora and I did not see the option about multiple disks or 2 disks. Could this be because I installed the Windows 10 skin?

Thanks for any and all help.!

~ Aboi

Hello RealModScene community, I was wondering if its possible to add .xex to load instead of the default auto scan. I'm not referring to the path but let's say for example, Black ops 3 its a 2 part, both tiles for bo3 have title updates and compatibility packs, and both don't run correctly, I went to the game directory and started it from the xex " Default_zm.xex" not the default xex. The same would go for black ops 2 it doesn't start from default xex but instead "default_mp.xex", my questions is, is it possible to remove the xex it has to the correct one. 

BTW: I tried a suggestions I seen to press "B" in aurora and I did not see the option about multiple disks or 2 disks. Could this be because I installed the Windows 10 skin?

Thanks for any and all help.!

~ Aboi

Not sure if this is possible, but delete the orignal default.xex and rename the mp or zm xex.

Not sure if this is possible, but delete the orignal default.xex and rename the mp or zm xex.

Wouldn't this mess up the game and I would have to reinstall everything?

I have yet to come across a game that didn't work with default.xex, perhaps you should try to run it as a GOD instead of extracting it?

I have yet to come across a game that didn't work with default.xex, perhaps you should try to run it as a GOD instead of extracting it?

Yeah for some reason it doesn't work with default.xex, I would have to look into .god format I'm not oo familiar with it.

So I'm guessing it not possible to do what I said?

Yeah for some reason it doesn't work with default.xex, I would have to look into .god format I'm not oo familiar with it.

So I'm guessing it not possible to do what I said?

It's possible, but... we're not adding it in 0.6b, maybe later...

it's not ".god" it's "GOD", if you have ISO's, you use ISO2GOD to make them, if you have the game discs, you use NXE2GOD after installing the game in NXE (default 360 dashboard)

It's possible, but... we're not adding it in 0.6b, maybe later...

it's not ".god" it's "GOD", if you have ISO's, you use ISO2GOD to make them, if you have the game discs, you use NXE2GOD after installing the game in NXE (default 360 dashboard)

Alright man, sounds good thanks for the info.

Would the way toomuchsweat said work or would it mess up the game?

Depends on the game really, i wouldn't mess with that shit tbh, it'd be better to just go in manually when you want to start the game and launch the other xex from the filemanager

Depends on the game really, i wouldn't mess with that shit tbh, it'd be better to just go in manually when you want to start the game and launch the other xex from the filemanager

Sounds good, would I be able to remove the tile without deleting the actual game?

I had the same problem with Assasins Creed Black Flag, I think. Launching the game with default.xex wouldn't work so after getting some advice I made a backup copy of the original file and overwrote it with another one extracted from the same ISO and it worked fine. As you already know which is the proper executable to run the game, I'd try it you can safely revert if it doesn't work but I'm pretty sure it will.

Regards.