RealModScene

Greetings.

Can i  Add a Sound to Aurora, Like when i launch it and it plays music of my choice. [The same way multiMAN for playstation 3 work, You have to replace the SOUND.BIN of your choice]. PLEASE don't tell me to change the ORIGINAL Aurora Theme with one that contains a sound. I just want this option on the original aurora theme if Available. 

Thank you.

Yes and no. There is no option to use sounds in Aurora. There is the way you don't want to hear, or editing the skin itself. Editing the skin requires xuitool found in the XDK. I have done this before for another member here and it's really easy.

edit: Actually, all I did for the other member was to add sound to the skin he wanted to use. This made him happy because it only required him to unpack the skin, then replace the music file (wav) with his and finally repack it. Much easier than having to track down/install/use the XDK.

As an example... Here I have modified the default Aurora skin by adding a looped ambient sound. You can use this skin as is or unpack it using XZPtool2 and replace the Aurora.wav (in the Sounds folder) with a wav of your choice (make sure it's named Aurora.wav) then repack it and enjoy. The sound file is from here... https://www.freesound.org/people/frankum/sounds/338255/ Credit to felida as I believe he was the first to add sounds to Aurora skins.

AuroraMod.xzp.zip

• Like 2

Yes and no. There is no option in Aurora. There is the way you don't want to hear, or editing the skin itself. Editing the skin requires xuitool found in the XDK. I have done this before for another member here and it's actually really easy.

edit: Actually, all I did for the other member was to add sound to the skin he wanted to use. This made him happy because it only required him to unpack the skin, then replace the music file (wav) with his and finally repack it. Much easier than having to track down/install/use the XDK.

As an example... Here I have modified the default Aurora skin by adding a looped ambient sound. You can use this skin as is or unpack it using XZPtool2 and replace the Aurora.wav (in the Sounds folder) with a wav of your choice (make sure it's named Aurora.wav) then repack it and enjoy. The sound file is from here... https://www.freesound.org/people/frankum/sounds/338255/ Credit to felida as I believe he was the first to add sounds to Aurora skins.

attachicon.gifAuroraMod.xzp.zip

Honestly I don't know what to say buddy, Thank you deeply, You were very helpful.

• Like 2

Hi, I have similar problem, I want add sound beep to coverflow movement, for now i've done some modifications for a skin like arcade machine, with minimal options for the normal users, but, i want add this pretty sound when the user change game selection o the coverflow .... any ideas? ... xuitool and xdk are ok for me ... regards

Hi, I have similar problem, I want add sound beep to coverflow movement, for now i've done some modifications for a skin like arcade machine, with minimal options for the normal users, but, i want add this pretty sound when the user change game selection o the coverflow .... any ideas? ... xuitool and xdk are ok for me ... regards

Felida has made transition sounds before with XYZGen skin, I think everything but coverflow movement and camera angles has sound. But i'm not aware of any transition sound for coverflow yet, if it's even possible. You might need to try to do it yourself if that's what you're after. Maybe take apart an FSD skin and see if there is something to be learned there, as they used to use sounds for coverflow.

• Like 1