RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Preca.Cz

New to Aurora, how do the scripts work? (Cant get it work)

Hello guys, 

So I´ve updated my xbox360 with new dash yesterday and put in Aurora v0.5b. I´ve started playing with it - made translation to my language. 

Now I wanted to customize the thing a bit. Best for me would be to choose indie games only. 

And now for my questions:

1) when I scan path, I can add "script data", I made custom "indie" script data, but it was none of use. What is that good for?

2) I´ve tried to follow this guide: 

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6371-local-co-op-co-op-4-player-multiplayer-scripts/?hl=%2Bscript+%2Bdata

I did everything as told in the tut (copied text to lua files and put it in the appropriate folder in Aurora), but Im still not able to choose the specified multiplayer games. Do I have to start the lua scripts somehow? Do I choose the multiplayer games by left / right bumpers and should it appear in the XBLA / XBOX360 / Kinect games menu when I hit the bumper? 

So what is script data good for and how can I use those scripts made by fans? Is there a way to select the indie games only? (now it´s within the XBLA games, I would like to make it separate).

Thanks for explaining :) 

1. Script data is as the name suggests, data used by scripts... it's passed to scripts so they can check it... there is no script that searches for "indie" as script data... therefor, there'll be no use to use it... if you make your own script, obviously it'll use it...

2. That's not a guide, it's just a script release essentially... did you also restart after placing the script there? did you make sure the file had a name ending with ".lua"? anything else is ignored... however, you appear to believe Quick View and Filter is the same thing, it's not... filters are part of the Quick Views... read up on how those works please :)

Yes, you need to start working with LUA to make use of "Script Data"

Oh I see, I did not know about this quick view thing at all ;) I´m gonna study it carefully. 

Found this guide of yours: 

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4949-guide-how-to-build-quick-view-filters-in-aurora-05b-and-later/

Hope I will get into it through those guides :D Mind if I ask you about some details in the future? :p

Thanks for making things clear to me anyway. I will take a closer look at it in the evening.

Oh I see, I did not know about this quick view thing at all ;) I´m gonna study it carefully. 

Found this guide of yours: 

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4949-guide-how-to-build-quick-view-filters-in-aurora-05b-and-later/

Hope I will get into it through those guides :D Mind if I ask you about some details in the future? :p

Thanks for making things clear to me anyway. I will take a closer look at it in the evening.

If you experience problems and require assistance, feel free to ask in the forums, however please try to search for the answer yourself first, i have a feeling you're the kind of person that does that already (try to find the answer yourself before asking for help)