RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
professor_jonny

unable to type into on screen keyboard on 2nd controller

Hi I noticed a bug that I cant seem to type into the onscreen keyboard from the second controller.

You can control everything except for the onscreen keyboard and once it comes up you cant exit from it either.

not a real big issue but if you have a steering wheel as your first controller and a normal controller as the second if I pick up the other controller to operate it in an easier fashion I cant use search etc because of the onscreen keyboard issue.

Sadly, that's how Microsoft implemented it, we cannot override it's behavior =/

Ok cool no biggie it is just a bit annoying really I did not know it was a Microsoft bug ill post on the Microsoft forums but I doubt it will make any difference.

Also I just noticed I posted this in the wrong part of the forum sorry.

Ok cool no biggie it is just a bit annoying really I did not know it was a Microsoft bug ill post on the Microsoft forums but I doubt it will make any difference.

Also I just noticed I posted this in the wrong part of the forum sorry.

It's not really a bug per-say, it's more of a way of implementing it preventing others from messing with you while you're typing something...

The keyboard can pop up whenever in a game, the way microsoft implemented it was to only allow the specified player to actually interact with the keyboard... could you imagine how it would be if you were playing a game with your little brother or whatever and you were asked to input a name for something, and player 2 started moving the marker around while you were trying to type in a name??

I'm prity sure on the original dash if the second player controls the dash and brings up the on screen keyboard they can type on it I have not actually tried it my self.

in auroa if the 2nd player brings up the keyboard only player one can type on it even tho player two issued it to show up.

I'll look into it, see how exactly the keyboard UI is displayed

** edit: **

Spoke to one of the devs, if all is OK with the change made, it should now work with any controller to control the keyboard input, if not we'll have to look into it further, i don't have my console setup for testing right now, but as soon as i've got it back up and running i'll test it and see that it works as expected :)

Edited by Swizzy