RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
professor_jonny

intermitant lockup using keyboard search function.

Some times when I use the search function by pressing the x button twice from the main screen it comes up with the onscreen keyboard, if I press a key on the Microsoft chat board it reverts back into the previous menu and locks up the whole program instead of typing in the letter I  press.

It does not happen every time I use the search function but every now and then, I cant say precisely the conditions of it happening as it seems to be random.

When this happens it requires you to power off the console and power it back on.

Alsois there a way to hide the onscreen keyboard if you have a chat board plugged in?

I'm not sure what the cause is, but are you sure it's a Aurora problem, and not something that happens no matter what you're doing?

It could be something related to your kernel aswell, what version are you currently on? do you have any dashlaunch plugins loaded?

im on 17489 and only have ftp.dll loaded nothing else apart from the plugin that comes with aurora

Are you sure it's a aurora issue tho and not an issue with the keyboard thingy itself (in the kernel i mean)

it seems to work and have no lockups on the retail side on the dual nand I have been trying to get it to crash for the last few days it only seems to do it in aurora on the keyboard search function and it is only intermittent.

I do have the fake anim plugin  for got to mention.

I've added it as something we'll investigate further, but don't expect a fix in 0.6b or so...

I don't think it's related to your use of fakeanim tho ;)

I think the problem is related to the initial loading that happens on startup.

If I go straight into the search as soon as the ui is up some  times it exits the on screen keyboard it's self and pressing the search button again locks every thing up it happens with out the chatboard also.

the process that seems to bring up the bug is press blue button twice  then when you press any thing to move or select a letter either via chat board or controller it seems to exit the search, at this point if you press the search button again it locks up everything but the back ground visualisation is still active no controller input works, and require a reboot.

if you don't press the blue button when it exit's the on screen keyboard but press the up or down key the press the search button it does not lock up.

it does not happen every time but more often than not for me.