RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
The Cowboy

Connection interrupted bo2

i always get connection interrupted and connection lost errors after a while in bo2.if i host a game, players get connection interrupted and lost problem but not me :/

Sounds like a broadband connection problem.

Have you tried turning off and on your modem?

Are you downloading at the same time as online gaming?

What speed is your internet?

1mbit is not much, and usually that rating is just your download speed, your upload will be much lower than that. That is probably much of your problem, at least for hosting games. It might still be ok for joining games, though, if they are close enough and you are not doing anything else with your connection...

I agree with ngarrett111, you need at least 2mbit to play online and steam videos without any lag, not to host. To host you'd need a good 10mbit or above with a good 1mbit upload speed.

Upload speed in the UK and Ireland is normally 20% of download, so if your upload is only 256kb, you're going to get alot of broken connections if you get more than 4 people in your game.

Distance wouldn't really matter, your line sucks. Your line can't handle the demand. You may be on 1mbit, but are you getting 1mbit from your provider, your line could be "up to 1mbit" meaning you speed could be much less. Check your router status and you should be able to see what speed your actually getting or do a speedtest.

The only time I get lag is when somebody in my room is from Australia and someone from the states at the same time.

I am having the same issue since updating to TU4, i Think it may be TU related and not a LiNK issue..... Looking into it.

Hi cowboy :)

Same problem here, but its related to the connection speed. You can feel it, when you play zombies. The first 10 rounds are no problem, and then as higher the round gets, the console have to exchangemore and more data ... then it will lag and maybe kick the connection. Also please dont forget that talking also uses much bandwith!! And if youre host with a small connection, dont talk ;)