RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vicicarus

Can't boot Xell with eject button

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I recently updated my trinity's CR 3 rev C to a CR4 XL. I was able to rebuild the nand, get the cpu key and flash the nand. The system boots and I am able to play games (FSD3/Aurora). So then I tried to rip a game into the 360 and when I hit the eject button the system crashed. I powered off and tried to eject the disc and that’s when I noticed the system doesn't boot Xell Reloaded.

I disassembled the 360 and readjusted the ribbon cable and even swapped it out with another, didn’t work. The eject button only powers the system on, fan doesn't spin, chip doesn't try to glitch. I have to unplug system to turn off at this point. I am able to eject the tray with a media control while the system is off, the weird thing is that it boots to the dash/FSD3/Aurora every time instead of Xell. I can eject the tray while the system is on with the media control and the system won't crash.

I apologize if this isn't where to search for help on topics like this. I searched the forums and found some help questions so I went ahead and asked.

There's a setting for that, but it sounds more like you have a hardware issue, what model of console do you have? slim? phat?

Sorry, its a slim. It worked like it should when I had the CR3 in it. I changed it because I was getting long boot times from it(min not sec). Now I get under 7-25sec boots.

Try unplugging the front module, if possible try replacing it with one from another console to see if the problem persists

Thank you swizzy for the reply,

I had tried with a differnt ribbon cable/face plate and it didn't work. After I disassembled (remove the outer shell) the system I tried to eject with the media contol (no eject button) and it still boots to the dash.

Sorry, you mean the module with the LED and usb ports, not the face plate, right?

Thank you swizzy for the reply,

I had tried with a differnt ribbon cable/face plate and it didn't work. After I disassembled (remove the outer shell) the system I tried to eject with the media contol (no eject button) and it still boots to the dash.

Sorry, you mean the module with the LED and usb ports, not the face plate, right?

It doesn't have USB, but yeah, the module that have the leds, the one you connect to the motherboard between the faceplate and motherboard...

There are settings in xeBuild that can override the button to boot XeLL, but, i assume you've been using JRunner and it doesn't mess with those settings by default, and if you messed with them you most likely did so following a tutorial, and as long as you read what it actually said regarding the setting you should probably be able to figure that bit out on your own...

Thank you again for your help,

I wil have to try and adjust/replace the module when I get in toady. If that doesn't change the situation, would another nand dump and flash be suggested?

Thank you again for your help,

I wil have to try and adjust/replace the module when I get in toady. If that doesn't change the situation, would another nand dump and flash be suggested?

Probably, and make sure you doublecheck all settings, or send me your dump + key and i'll build it for you with the recommended settings