RealModScene
Atifkazia

How to get better connection?

Hey

I need to know that is there any way i could get better connection while playing link?..

Any settings in the router that i have to change..and good connection depends on what factors?

Turn off any and all downloads, try to limit usage of your internet connection as much as possible and your connection should be getting better

Other then that, there isn't much that'll make it any "better", QoS (Quality Of Service) may cause more problems then it solves

Turn it off and see how things are working, if it's working better, great! if not... try other settings...

Turn it off and see how things are working, if it's working better, great! if not... try other settings...

By other settings you mean?

You haven't said if there is a problem, you just asked if there was something you could do to make your connection better.

Can you run Speedtest.net, or a similar speed tester and post the results so we can get a better idea of what your internet connection is like.

A good connection has many factors, one of them is the ability to connect to others, so upload, download and ping have a say in your connection.

• Like 2

You haven't said if there is a problem, you just asked if there was something you could do to make your connection better.

Can you run Speedtest.net, or a similar speed tester and post the results so we can get a better idea of what your internet connection is like.

A good connection has many factors, one of them is the ability to connect to others, so upload, download and ping have a say in your connection.

I get 10mb down and 2 mb up and my ping is 4 ms.... Maybe my extremely slow internet causes this

I get 10mb down and 2 mb up and my ping is 4 ms.... Maybe my extremely slow internet causes this

That's not so bad, sure if you compare it to mine or Quattro's it's a little slow, but your response time is great!

Maybe not good for streaming movies or hosting a web server, but should be fine for Link. Ping is really nice too.

Don't even ask what Swizzy's speed is, that's just rubbing salt in the wound, lolz.

Maybe not good for streaming movies or hosting a web server, but should be fine for Link. Ping is really nice too.

Don't even ask what Swizzy's speed is, that's just rubbing salt in the wound, lolz.

4730621461.png

4730625338.png

Not that much better then yours ;)

Not that much better then yours ;)

My bad, I thought you had gigabit ethernet out there. I Had to go check that "post your speed" thread.

I guess back when I was sporting 30Mb down, 130Mb looked unattainable, lolz. BTW, mine are wifi speeds.

For some reason it was in my head that you had this...

My bad, I thought you had gigabit ethernet out there. I Had to go check that "post your speed" thread.

I guess back when I was sporting 30Mb down, 130Mb looked unattainable, lolz.

For some reason it was in my head that you had this...

Well, it is in sweden... but... i don't have the highest possible connection as it's rather expensive :p

Here super sonic internet speeds are available but for that price you could rent a 3bhk apartment for that price....

Maybe i think i live far away from people who usually hosts so that may be causing the problem

Here super sonic internet speeds are available but for that price you could rent a 3bhk apartment for that price....

Maybe i think i live far away from people who usually hosts so that may be causing the problem

Yes, living on the opposite parts of the world causes bad/slow connections

More than likely. Your ping may be good but other players may have all sorts of latency issues connecting with you. This has been discussed all over this forum, so... the more you read, the more you know, you know?

• Like 1

Yes, living on the opposite parts of the world causes bad/slow connections

Leave it... I think i should be happy with my 2 bars..

Another question..Sometimes when i turn off my console the orange light on the power brick keeps blinking even when i turn off the power supply...

Leave it... I think i should be happy with my 2 bars..

Another question..Sometimes when i turn off my console the orange light on the power brick keeps blinking even when i turn off the power supply...

That's odd, when you unplug the power plug it should gradually go down from bright orange to dim orange to dim red before going off completely

It just keeps blinking for atleast 5 mins..

And i wanted to know if it is worth to update the dashboard version

It just keeps blinking for atleast 5 mins..

And i wanted to know if it is worth to update the dashboard version

Can you make a video of the behaviour?

It's not worth updating until something uses the new dash/kernel

Can you make a video of the behaviour?It's not worth updating until something uses the new dash/kernel

Will try to make a video as soon as the problem comes again..

I asked that because i was too scared that i would fu*k it up..

1. Dont use WLAN use a LAN Cable for best results

2. Configure your router for splitting the traffic when more than 2 people use Internet at the same time

3. When someone is downloading or uploading at the same time that you play over internet you may become laggs and bad performance

there for use the option to set your traffic manually inside your router

As Example you have 32K (full 3,2MB download and 2 MB Uploade) your Xbox becomes 1 MB Dowstream and 500KB Upstream the rest is free for all other users in your house that using the same internet connection.

QoS and other mechanism arent´t good they swing often and you have performance breaks before it can handle the connection correctly.

Same when you use an Media Server or Dedicated Game Server behind your Router.

Modern Router manafactured after 2013 i think can handle this better. But for older routers you have to set it manually when you are not the only one who use this connection.