RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
crasher666

How to stream video in FSD 3.0 ?

Hi,

I just installed the new Beta version of FSD and it's GREAT !!

I would like to stream video to the Xbox console from my laptop using the FSD 3.0, is that possible ? I tried to use FFPlay but it seems like there is no option to stream video using this app.

Anyone knows if and how it's possible ?

Thanks in advanced.

press the big X (xbox button)and go to video player

That's require from me to work with Microsoft Media Center ...

Working with Media Center can't brick my console ?

And there is no application for Dashlaunch to stream videos ?

i'm doing it right now and i don't use media center...you don't need Live either..it's internet connection sharing

you do it exactly the same as you would with a stock console, just need the Optional Media Update on the console so the actual videos play

i'm doing it right now and i don't use media center...you don't need Live either..it's internet connection sharing

you do it exactly the same as you would with a stock console, just need the Optional Media Update on the console so the actual videos play

What is the optional media update that you mentioned ? Where can I get it ? Is there some kind of a guide for how to work / configure it ?

Does FFPlay play mp4 divx?

Optional Media i can send to you, send me a message and i'll send you an attachment.

Does FFPlay play mp4 divx?

Optional Media i can send to you, send me a message and i'll send you an attachment.

I didn't try FFPlay .. because it does not support streaming.

Does the "optional media" support streaming ?

yes , like i said doing it right now , streaming from my desktop, but i can also do it from my laptop

as long as you internet connection sharing setup you can do it, doesn't use Live at all, usually you would use Live to get the OMU

yes , like i said doing it right now , streaming from my desktop, but i can also do it from my laptop

as long as you internet connection sharing setup you can do it, doesn't use Live at all, usually you would use Live to get the OMU

OK but how do you do that ?

How can you play the files from your laptop ? Using which player ?

the video player from the original dash like i said in the first reply

if on the latest dash go to tv&movies....my video apps....system video player..then if you have ICS setup you should see your laptop

the video player from the original dash like i said in the first reply

Emmm OK I will try it later today ... I just thought that the Video Player that is in the Dash menu is part of the original dash of Microsoft and that it might cause me issues when I'll try to use it.

nothing wrong with using the original dash either , as long as your dashlaunch settings are correct you wont connect to Live, which would cause you the issues...i have family settings set to block connecting to Live as well

nothing wrong with using the original dash either , as long as your dashlaunch settings are correct you wont connect to Live, which would cause you the issues...i have family settings set to block connecting to Live as well

Sounds great .. I will give it a shot :) Thank you !

just need to put the OMU inn the correct spot on the internal hard drive and you're set

What is the "correct" spot ?

I'm running FSD from a USB disk on key ... should I place it there ?

MUST be where DLC is kept, usually on an internal memory unit in the ....content/0000000000000000/ folder

should be FFFE07DF/00000002/file

MUST be where DLC is kept, usually on an internal memory unit in the ....content/0000000000000000/ folder

should be FFFE07DF/00000002/file

OK great .. I will give it a shot, thank you !

Hi mates I got the same problem, Freestyle 3 with rev58.When I try to watch at avi or mpeg from original Metro, it keeps me telling that I have to download the OMU, but I have already downloaded it.Can you send me PVTMSG the fix for that please?Thanks in advance.