RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vydex

Cant System link RGH and retail xboxes

Hi all Im having major problems getting a retail and a RGH xbox 360 to system link. My son and I have been trying to play halo 4 campaign together and we have not been able to system link the machines to play. The following is the setup

1 360 RGH 1 coolrunner installed on dashboard 16202 booting straight into FSD 3.0rev 402

with dashlaunch 3.05 also installed. ini settings for dashlaunch have been used with devkit on and off.

1 360 retail with dashboard 16202 connected to xbox live etc.

Halo 4 has both the latest and same TU on both xbox 360s. I have port forwarded and put both consoles into the dmz on the router we have which is a sagem ST2504n. Both consoles are also hard wired into the same router and on the same subnet i.e RGH ip is 192.168.1.3 and retail is 192.168.1.4. I have also tried to directly link the xbox 360s with one cable between the two all to no avail.. I have tried numerous things but cant get them to talk and its driving me and my son nutz. Could someone please give us some pointers as to what we could be doing wrong we would really really appreciate it thanks guys.

pingpatch option? same region version?, try this, load the game from xex menu instead fsd and a direct link a cable between xbox.

hope it helps!

hi guys thanks for the input ive tried it both with devlink off and and devlink on in the, pingpatch is applied and they are both PAL UK consoles. I have set the option for console type in dashlaunch as regionspoof on and DEVKIT/ALL 0x7FFF, I have tried to launch the game from xexmenu and on both COD BO 2 and HALO 4 no system link games are available. This is driving me nutz

EDIT UPDATE:

I have also now tried your suggestion of both consoles directly connected and also tried a diff version of dashlaunch. This is madness! why wont they talk to each other, guess its time for marriage guidence.

similar thread here with a few possible solutions http://www.realmodsc...estyle3-rev402/

did you see the suggestions in this post http://www.realmodsc...v402/#entry3624

Thanks for the input I have tried different FSD versions aswell and still no luck , as per that thread Ive tried both BO 2 and Halo 4 Im going to give gow 3 a go and see if its indicative to those games .

if you unload the F3 Plugin and turn devlink off in dashlaunch you should be able to systemlink just fine

if you unload the F3 Plugin and turn devlink off in dashlaunch you should be able to systemlink just fine

tried that aswell buddy but still a no go thanks for the input though, Ive got some other ideas Im gonna try like trying from disk instead of usb hard drive on the RGH. The other thing to note aswell is I have just tried again using a spare RGH console I had lying around that didnt even have dashlaunch loaded and I booted the game straight from xex menu and it still didnt work and that was also with MW3 and BO2 which should have worked but still I dont see the other xbox. I have even directly connected the boxes together and still nothing.

I dont think this would help as it sounds like a problem on your xbox.

However i would imagine you need to use a crossover cable if you are directly linking the xbox's. Otherwise even if all settings are correct system link wouldnt work.

• Like 1

I dont think this would help as it sounds like a problem on your xbox.

However i would imagine you need to use a crossover cable if you are directly linking the xbox's. Otherwise even if all settings are correct system link wouldnt work.

Yep already checked thanks for the heads up though