RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
sybernite0217

layouts and covers

this has been bugging me for a while now. so i downloaded a couple of layouts from here. really love wall, matrix, newsstand where a lot of the games appear at once. now here comes the problem. some games appear without covers. those games have covers by the way it's just that they don't appear on those layouts wherein alot of the games are displayed. if i change the layout to let's say aurora or bookshelf, they are all there. but once i change back to wall newstad or matrix, the covers dont appear (still there but not appearing.).

then one day  i decided to utilize the quickview option, and lo and behold, the layouts worked! it seems that after a hundred games, the covers stop appearing. in quickview, my games are grouped with no more than a hunded per group (95 at most).

is this a limitation of aurora? or the xbox just can' handle the strain of a displaying that many games at once? 

it's a deliberate limitation, with the default layouts you don't have more then 50 games on either side of the center cover, meaning you don't need to have more loaded at any given time, the more covers which are loaded at any given time, the longer it takes to load Aurora, for performance reasons we've limited it to only load a total of 100 covers (i think it was) that's 50 ahead and 50 back

The console itself can easily handle more covers then we're displaying, but we've limited it to gain some performance and stability... FSD loads ALL covers at launch and keeps them loaded, due to this, some skins with lot's of data can cause FSD to be very very slow or even crash, hell some collections can even cause it to crash due to their size... (the system simply runs out of memory) to solve that, less redundant data in memory makes for a better overall experience

Perhaps there could be a database option which you can use to increase the amount of loaded covers? we'll see...

that's ok. not an issue really since i have them in groups now. if it's for aurora's stability, then its all good.  wouldn't want trade covers for crashes lol! so 100 really was the threshold huh? lucky guess on my part.

that's ok. not an issue really since i have them in groups now. if it's for aurora's stability, then its all good.  wouldn't want trade covers for crashes lol! so 100 really was the threshold huh? lucky guess on my part.

If memory serves me right yes, you could have a few more loaded at any given time, but... at some point this will cause instability