RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
bulldock

{AURORA} For Downloading Of TU

Well.... I have a connection of download speed of 100 kb/s and if I m lucky then 250 sometimes.... So my point is that can u add resume and pause function in aurora... And if not in aurora then at least in Xbox Unity... Because I get a lot of breaks of speed while downloading tu....

I tried to download the cod ghosts tu 17 (137.37 MB) and at around 117 MB the speed broke... which means that the download speed for sometime was 0.... And after some time it showed the tu installed but I knew it had'nt downloaded completely.... So I tried to apply the TU and as expected the game was still at tu 0..

So... Is it possible for u guys 2 add pause and resume function.... that would make it easy 2 download via aurora or IDM...

• Like 1

Well.... I have a connection of download speed of 100 kb/s and if I m lucky then 250 sometimes.... So my point is that can u add resume and pause function in aurora... And if not in aurora then at least in Xbox Unity... Because I get a lot of breaks of speed while downloading tu....

I tried to download the cod ghosts tu 17 (137.37 MB) and at around 117 MB the speed broke... which means that the download speed for sometime was 0.... And after some time it showed the tu installed but I knew it had'nt downloaded completely.... So I tried to apply the TU and as expected the game was still at tu 0..

So... Is it possible for u guys 2 add pause and resume function.... that would make it easy 2 download via aurora or IDM...

that would be similar to what Gavin was stating the need for hash checks to be done, so Aurora would check to see if it was completed.. if not, download again..

that being said, NEVER download TU's via WiFi.. always hard line it.. as WiFi downloading will almost always result in errors..

and about the "pause/resume" feature, it works already.. at least with Chrome.. so, IDM/equivalent downloading software, should also work.. i wouldn't say add this feature to Aurora, as it is not needed, when you can do it on PC..

• Like 1

that would be similar to what Gavin was stating the need for hash checks to be done, so Aurora would check to see if it was completed.. if not, download again..

that being said, NEVER download TU's via WiFi.. always hard line it.. as WiFi downloading will almost always result in errors..

and about the "pause/resume" feature, it works already.. at least with Chrome.. so, IDM/equivalent downloading software, should also work.. i wouldn't say add this feature to Aurora, as it is not needed, when you can do it on PC..

That pause is for just sometime.... with how many breaks I get in speed it is almost impossible 2 download big tu's so anyone can tell me how 2 download em properly...

Nd why downloading via WiFi results in corrupt tu... I get it now that why every 2 nd or 3 rd tu that I download from my pc dosen't work....

That pause is for just sometime.... with how many breaks I get in speed it is almost impossible 2 download big tu's so anyone can tell me how 2 download em properly...

Nd why downloading via WiFi results in corrupt tu... I get it now that why every 2 nd or 3 rd tu that I download from my pc dosen't work....

i meant WiFi on the XB.. your PC WiFi "should" work just fine.. unless you are transferring PC -> XB with WiFi..

WiFi on the XB is EXTREMELY limited.. even it is frowned upon for use on "Live" because of its skittishness..

at most uploading VIA WiFi will result in 300kb/s.. hard line is up to 11MB/s..  you can call it what you want (sh*ty hardware, outdated tech, bad programming) 

all will tell you to just use hardline if downloading on XB.. now on PC, you can use USB and such to transfer to the XB.. 

now to answer more precise.. the TU doesn't corrupt, per say, it just never fully downloads.. there are many reasons to this happening.. dropped data packets, interference of your WiFi channel.. crap like that.. This is not a "Unity" problem.. sh*t just happens lolz..

but downloading the TU's with hardline eliminates all the problems that persist with WiFi in general.. as there are ALOT if you google, hell a microwave has the ability to mess with your WiFi network..

but yeah, try to stick with the hardline.. as MOST of your problems will be solved by it..

and you can't blame unity/everyone else because of your internet connection(not saying that you are literally saying so).. there "shouldn't" be a problem with downloading if you make the switch.. or even just use your PC to download the TU's, then hardline/USB transfer the title updates..

Edit: Also, if you research.. you can't system link a console that is using WiFi and a different one using hardline; just another reason NOT to use WiFi ;-) cause they knew their tech sux.. lolz j.k.. but yeah

Method 3:

"Note You cannot mix wireless and wired connections in the same system link play configuration."

source: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/connect-system-link-play#51dfdac72a4b4038aa9d8fe0211aaa31

• Like 1

From now I will download using hardline.... Promise... and I was not blaming anyone... And for now I am trying 2 find the game dirt showdown amazing drifting... But I can't if u can help me on that Plz..

From now I will download using hardline.... Promise... and I was not blaming anyone... And for now I am trying 2 find the game dirt showdown amazing drifting... But I can't if u can help me on that Plz..

i didn't say you were blaming anyone.. i was just telling you WiFi has it's down points.. often overlooked by many.. BUT for your game troubles..

yeah, go to your local store and buy it..

Piracy is NOT tolerated/allowed here ;-)

LulzBoat.minisite_slideshow.jpg

• Like 1

Is there a possibility of adding a feature to recover downloads.... For eg. yesterday I was downloading DBX TU7 approx 137 MB.... Suddenly there was a speed break and then chrome showed download failed due 2 interruption in network.... I had 2 restart the download... So is it possible to start from the same point when the error happened ... I was at 66% at that time 

Is there a possibility of adding a feature to recover downloads.... For eg. yesterday I was downloading DBX TU7 approx 137 MB.... Suddenly there was a speed break and then chrome showed download failed due 2 interruption in network.... I had 2 restart the download... So is it possible to start from the same point when the error happened ... I was at 66% at that time 

IDM/Jdownloader should work just fine.. jdownloader is free also

Edit: ok so unity is picky with how it downloads.. and IDM won't "auto grab" the link.. as it doesn't have a file extension lolz.. but there is a work around with Chrome

Step 1: Find the TU you want.

Step 2: Start the download, then immediately cancel it.

Step 3: Click the "Show all downloads" thingy(link/shortcut/whatever you'd like to call it)

Step 4: Copy the link shown, and put it into your favorite downloader ;-)

Step 5: Make sure you DON'T download multiple TU's at the same time!!!

• Like 1