RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xDRAGONxLuky

[NOVA] Waiting lines for rooms

when you want to get in the room where your friends play and the room is full, you have to refresh countless times until someone goes out of the room and you try to enter. and a lot of time someone takes that place before you, because other people are also waiting to get to that room. yesterday i counted and i had to refresh 92  times to get into a full room to play with friends. sometimes you have to spam the x button and refresh for 5min. and of course when more people play, there are a lot of people who are constantly refreshing and waiting to get in a full room. this is taking loads of resources from the server.

my idea is to make waiting lines. for example when a room is full there would be x-refresh, a-join, LB-WAIT IN LINE.

So if a room is full you would press LB (or rb or rt or something) and you would be waiting in line. the rooms would display number of players in room and number of people waiting in line. when someone leaves the room, the person who is the first waiting in line, would get loged into the room. when someone leaves again, than the second person waiting in line would get loged in the room and so on.

this way people would not have to spam the refresh button all the time an the most important part is the server would not be stressed so much.

how would you know that you have been loged into a room if you dont refresh?

idk if its possible but maybe when the server logs you in a room after waiting in line, it could automaticly refresh your screen and maybe make a sound or notification or something.

this is just an idea. if its useless or hard to implement than just go ahead and delete the thread.

• Like 2

when you want to get in the room where your friends play and the room is full, you have to refresh countless times until someone goes out of the room and you try to enter. and a lot of time someone takes that place before you, because other people are also waiting to get to that room. yesterday i counted and i had to refresh 92  times to get into a full room to play with friends. sometimes you have to spam the x button and refresh for 5min. and of course when more people play, there are a lot of people who are constantly refreshing and waiting to get in a full room. this is taking loads of resources from the server.

my idea is to make waiting lines. for example when a room is full there would be x-refresh, a-join, LB-WAIT IN LINE.

So if a room is full you would press LB (or rb or rt or something) and you would be waiting in line. the rooms would display number of players in room and number of people waiting in line. when someone leaves the room, the person who is the first waiting in line, would get loged into the room. when someone leaves again, than the second person waiting in line would get loged in the room and so on.

this way people would not have to spam the refresh button all the time an the most important part is the server would not be stressed so much.

how would you know that you have been loged into a room if you dont refresh?

idk if its possible but maybe when the server logs you in a room after waiting in line, it could automaticly refresh your screen and maybe make a sound or notification or something.

this is just an idea. if its useless or hard to implement than just go ahead and delete the thread.

i actually like this idea.. now on how to implement it.. i'd say go with the notifications.. sort of like when there is an update, "You have entered the lobby" or something to that extent.. 

but of course.. some would say, just create another room.. as spamming the "refresh" will bog the servers..

• Like 1

i actually like this idea.. now on how to implement it.. i'd say go with the notifications.. sort of like when there is an update, "You have entered the lobby" or something to that extent.. 

but of course.. some would say, just create another room.. as spamming the "refresh" will bog the servers..

the fact is that a lot of people are doing this all the time. how do i know this? when a room is full and when someone lives the room, if i do not sign in the room in 2seconds, someone else takes my place over and over again. that means others are also refreshing all the time.

and i agree with the notification. that would be amazing.

• Like 1

the fact is that a lot of people are doing this all the time. how do i know this? when a room is full and when someone lives the room, if i do not sign in the room in 2seconds, someone else takes my place over and over again. that means others are also refreshing all the time.

and i agree with the notification. that would be amazing.

oh i know.. i created a lobby for me and my friend.. just to play some zombies.. and when we got disconnected, i couldn't even join in my room.. lolz.. that's why i was requesting the option to delete my own room when i leave.. but the BEST option would be to have a password added to the room.. as i assume.. because without the password, no one else can join..

but back on topic, yeah the notification could work.. as LiNKChat has it setup to where if someone says your name, such as this: "xDragonxLuky: hey felida.." it would popup on my xb saying that, "xDragonxLuky has sent you a message"

but yeah.. all really up to the dev's.. i think the notification would be a great thing to do, as it would stop people from spamming the refresh and bogging the entire server down for everyone..

• Like 1

oh i know.. i created a lobby for me and my friend.. just to play some zombies.. and when we got disconnected, i couldn't even join in my room.. lolz.. that's why i was requesting the option to delete my own room when i leave.. but the BEST option would be to have a password added to the room.. as i assume.. because without the password, no one else can join..

but back on topic, yeah the notification could work.. as LiNKChat has it setup to where if someone says your name, such as this: "xDragonxLuky: hey felida.." it would popup on my xb saying that, "xDragonxLuky has sent you a message"

but yeah.. all really up to the dev's.. i think the notification would be a great thing to do, as it would stop people from spamming the refresh and bogging the entire server down for everyone..

i dont believe that an option to close the room would be good, since all people would be kicked out of it. so people in the middle of the game would be kicked. thats why the waiting line would be perfect. you would wait in line for max few minutes and when your in the room you can reclaim the leadership (if this is your room, since this will be an option in NOVA) and than your the king again :D.

and i hate passwords. a week or so ago i saw you are playing in a room with a password and i wanted to join. since i did not know the pass i would have to write you here a private message, but since you were playing, you would not reply and also i would have to go to pc all the time to check if you replyed.

our current system is that we have an oppen room and when people with bad connection join, we just block and kick them and they are unable to join again. this way we allow all players with good connection and all the new players that come to link to join our room. thi is a great way to find new friends :).

i know that in nova i would be able to pm you for the pass. but the problem is when you will get 50 or more posts from people requesting the pass...

damn now i was off topic :(

and i hate passwords. a week or so ago i saw you are playing in a room with a password and i wanted to join. since i did not know the pass i would have to write you here a private message, but since you were playing, you would not reply and also i would have to go to pc all the time to check if you replyed.

yeah true.. but i really don't like playing TDM.. was playing zombies..

but yeah, that's why i password my stuff.. so i am able to re-join my lobby.. instead of 30 people in my room.. instead of creating their own ones..

sorry for being off topic again..

is there any particular reason why system link is having really big problems lately?

system link is not loading (have to refresh several times so that it shows rooms) and you get disconnected several times per hour. even in a room with password and only few people in it. And i know its not only my problem because a lot of people told me that system link isnt loading for them and when i get disconnected and when i reconnect i see that all other people were also disconnected. and also when i get disconnected, realmodscene and xbox unity do not work on pc. they are just loading.

it is disconnecting everyone every few minutes. it happened atleast 6x in last 30minutes..

sorry for being off topic again..

is there any particular reason why system link is having really big problems lately?

system link is not loading (have to refresh several times so that it shows rooms) and you get disconnected several times per hour. even in a room with password and only few people in it. And i know its not only my problem because a lot of people told me that system link isnt loading for them and when i get disconnected and when i reconnect i see that all other people were also disconnected. and also when i get disconnected, realmodscene and xbox unity do not work on pc. they are just loading.

it is disconnecting everyone every few minutes. it happened atleast 6x in last 30minutes..

this has happened to me several times.. odds are, they are doing maintenance (or server is bogged down by people pressing refresh alot).. as they don't really post anything about doing it anywhere?? might be a good suggestion to ask for tho right??

• Like 1

this has happened to me several times.. odds are, they are doing maintenance (or server is bogged down by people pressing refresh alot).. as they don't really post anything about doing it anywhere?? might be a good suggestion to ask for tho right??

i dont think that its people pressing refresh since there are only 100 people playing bo2 now and its disconnecting all the time. usually atleast 200 or 250 people play and the only thing that happens is that system link loads longer. where can i ask this question? in what topic should i post? or can you ask a moderator since you know a lot of people. and felida i love how you reply so quickly :)

i dont think that its people pressing refresh since there are only 100 people playing bo2 now and its disconnecting all the time. usually atleast 200 or 250 people play and the only thing that happens is that system link loads longer. where can i ask this question? in what topic should i post? or can you ask a moderator since you know a lot of people. and felida i love how you reply so quickly :)

i'd say create another thread, asking for info about maintenance to be given.. or the issue with the loading times.. or throw it in together?? as that is what i would do.. but just because a MOD (such as swizzy) doesn't reply.. doesn't mean that they haven't seen it..

and yeah, i do try to reply fast.. as i like to help out when i can.. but me messaging them about YOUR issue, is a no-bueno move. just create a thread about it specifically.. and Swizzy will eventually answer it when he get's the info.. (These Mods/Devs DO have IRL shit to do, such as jobs/family/ect.) 

Edit: I should say messaging ANY mod isn't a good thing.. as they will likely ignore it anyway lolz.. so yeah post a thread

• Like 2