RealModScene
ISpencer97

Switch LED colors?

I was wanting to mod the ROL LEDS but I didn't want to solder anything and I was only wanting red. Since the LEDs already have red I figured it would be pointless to completely replace them. I know on older consoles you can switch it from using the green to using the red by switching some wires. Is switching them possible with a xbox360 S? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I was wanting to mod the ROL LEDS but I didn't want to solder anything and I was only wanting red. Since the LEDs already have red I figured it would be pointless to completely replace them. I know on older consoles you can switch it from using the green to using the red by switching some wires. Is switching them possible with a xbox360 S? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Xbox 360 S/Xbox 360 E (Slim and Super Slim/Slim E) don't have red leds in the ring, they have green leds for that and a dual led in the center (red/green) so, on those you cannot get red colors by default...

What you can do on those is to replace those leds all together, they're standard 0603 leds (if memory serves me right)

It should also be mentioned that most red leds run at a lower voltage, or at least the last time I checked then blue or green, so you may have to add a resistor to keep from burning them up.

• Like 1

Oh I did not realize that. I'm not very comfortable with my soldering skills so I'll probably pay someone to do it or just buy a premodded rf board. Thanks for the quick reply guys!

• Like 1