RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
bessian

Cant get LiNK working (port forward problem)

I have a problem because i can't forward ports 
I forward the ports on my router but i think the nanostation antenna is blocking the ports.
I talked to the ISP but they said you need to pay for a public IP address to get port forwarding!
I don't have access to the nanostation antenna to do the port forwarding by myself so is there anything other that i can do ?

Here i have illustrated how mi xbox 360 is connected on the router and the router is connected via UTP cable to the Nanostation antenna and the antenna connects via long range wifi 5GHz to the ISP.

post-62370-0-34229100-1434960748_thumb.png

Can i bypass the port forwarding or do something ?

I have a problem because i can't forward ports 

I forward the ports on my router but i think the nanostation antenna is blocking the ports.

I talked to the ISP but they said you need to pay for a public IP address to get port forwarding!

I don't have access to the nanostation antenna to do the port forwarding by myself so is there anything other that i can do ?

Here i have illustrated how mi xbox 360 is connected on the router and the router is connected via UTP cable to the Nanostation antenna and the antenna connects via long range wifi 5GHz to the ISP.

attachicon.giflink.png

Can i bypass the port forwarding or do something ?

a free VPN might do the trick.. but the open ports is to host lobbies.. you shouldn't have a problem joining in.. 

but here is what you are experiencing, is the double nat issue..

do you have direct access to the nanostation?? like a modem in your house? 

i have this issue with TWC.. can't access the modem without the password of the day.. but if i hardline into the modem, all ports are open anyways

I tried with the VPN too but it didn't work
I've set up the VPN on my laptop and gave internet to the xbox with the cable, i got internet but the ports were not forwarded!

I could connect the nanostation with the xbox via cable if you mean this by direct connection ? but i dont have access to the admin panel of the antenna. I think i could forward the ports in the antenna but as i said i don't have access :(

Could the VPN solve my problem? i've got a paid one but i don't know if it has port forwarding if its needed!

I tried with the VPN too but it didn't work

I've set up the VPN on my laptop and gave internet to the xbox with the cable, i got internet but the ports were not forwarded!

I could connect the nanostation with the xbox via cable if you mean this by direct connection ? but i dont have access to the admin panel of the antenna. I think i could forward the ports in the antenna but as i said i don't have access :(

Could the VPN solve my problem? i've got a paid one but i don't know if it has port forwarding if its needed!

so you are bridging connections through your laptop??

and yes, direct connection with a cable to the nanostation should bypass the need for port-forwarding.. as i am pretty sure all ports are open by default

and VPN's usually dont need port forwarding.. as they are all open(this fixed a guy in South Africa's problem with his ISP)

so you are bridging connections through your laptop??

and yes, direct connection with a cable to the nanostation should bypass the need for port-forwarding.. as i am pretty sure all ports are open by default

and VPN's usually dont need port forwarding.. as they are all open(this fixed a guy in South Africa's problem with his ISP)

Yes i've bridged the connection but it didn't work, i had internet with vpn on my xbox but the ports were not open...

Yes I could connect the nanostation with my xbox but i think the nanostation itself has a firewall and has not all ports open, but i'll try it in the weekend when i'm at home, and i try it with VPN too.

Thanks

Yes i've bridged the connection but it didn't work, i had internet with vpn on my xbox but the ports were not open...

Yes I could connect the nanostation with my xbox but i think the nanostation itself has a firewall and has not all ports open, but i'll try it in the weekend when i'm at home, and i try it with VPN too.

Thanks

your ports would need to be open in windows firewall(or equiv) if you are bridging connections through laptop.. but still.. doubt that will work.. as you have the double nat issue.. throwing your laptop in the mix is a "triple" nat issue

it would have to be broken down like this,

nano forwards to belkin, belkin forwards to PC, PC forwards to XB..

if you hook up XB directly to nanosation, you take out the other sections.. i'd say direct connect the xb to the nanostation, and see if it works.. as well it should.. unless your ISP is really blocking ports

• Like 1

I've connectd the xbox directly to the nanostation but it didn't work, i think the ports are not open in the antenna...

Im trying with vpn too but it doesn't work :(
I connect network to my laptop direct from nanostation and connect with VPN (no router) and i give internet to xbox via wi-fi 
Xbox gets internet with VPN and has  the VPN IP so everything is fine but it says TCP fail and UDP fail even with VPN, i've disabled Windows firewall to!!
Any idea ? should i add other ports with VPN ?

I've connectd the xbox directly to the nanostation but it didn't work, i think the ports are not open in the antenna...

Im trying with vpn too but it doesn't work :(

I connect network to my laptop direct from nanostation and connect with VPN (no router) and i give internet to xbox via wi-fi

Xbox gets internet with VPN and has the VPN IP so everything is fine but it says TCP fail and UDP fail even with VPN, i've disabled Windows firewall to!!

Any idea ? should i add other ports with VPN ?

I've asked someone with more expertise to answer on this, as he is certified for this type of thing.. Just wait for him to respond

1. Right off the top, what model is that Belkin router? Port forwarding has nothing to do with your ISP as it is a LAN issue. (Unless they're specifically blocking the ports (3071 & 3072 in AND out)

2.Your PC should have nothing to do with any of this unless you're using it as a bridge and the PC has two NIC's in it to do so. (Unless you're bridging the ethernet to wireless, kinda overkill in this case)

3. What type of WAN device are you using (ADSL, Cable Modem??)

###3.1 If your WAN device supplies wireless service then perhaps log into the modem and do port forwarding there, some AT&T Uverse models are like that.###

4. What type of service do you subscribe to and who is your provider?

An easy way to test it is if you're port forwarding config was done correctly then anyone should be able to use a port scanner on your natted ip and see 3071 and 3072 as open ports I'd say but don't quote me on that.

Nice logical topology btw,

UPDATE:

I researched your WAN device http://store.netgate.com/Ubiquiti-NanoStation-M5-5GHz-Hi-Power-2x2-MIMO-AirMax-Station-P240.aspx

so I'm making a guess here that you live in a rural area since that's not your run of the mill equipment there.

I'm not exactly sure its capable of supporting your xbox. What is the nanostation connecting from?

ALSO: Are you using a crossover cable from your router to the nanostation? I'm asking because that's what your logical topology is indicating.

You should really only be Natting once, NAT IP on modem but modem should dhcp to router WAN port (technically a second NAT) which in turn the router should supply dhcp to your LAN (Computers,Xbox,DLNA devices,etc.....)

Not really sure in your case because that nanostation is a repeater//wireless bay station???

At this point I'd tend to agree with what your ISP is telling you since that is not a modem that you're using.

• Like 1

1. Right off the top, what model is that Belkin router? Port forwarding has nothing to do with your ISP as it is a LAN issue. (Unless they're specifically blocking the ports (3071 & 3072 in AND out)

2.Your PC should have nothing to do with any of this unless you're using it as a bridge and the PC has two NIC's in it to do so. (Unless you're bridging the ethernet to wireless, kinda overkill in this case)

3. What type of WAN device are you using (ADSL, Cable Modem??)

###3.1 If your WAN device supplies wireless service then perhaps log into the modem and do port forwarding there, some AT&T Uverse models are like that.###

4. What type of service do you subscribe to and who is your provider?

An easy way to test it is if you're port forwarding config was done correctly then anyone should be able to use a port scanner on your natted ip and see 3071 and 3072 as open ports I'd say but don't quote me on that.

Nice logical topology btw,

UPDATE:

I researched your WAN device http://store.netgate.com/Ubiquiti-NanoStation-M5-5GHz-Hi-Power-2x2-MIMO-AirMax-Station-P240.aspx

so I'm making a guess here that you live in a rural area since that's not your run of the mill equipment there.

I'm not exactly sure its capable of supporting your xbox. What is the nanostation connecting from?

ALSO: Are you using a crossover cable from your router to the nanostation? I'm asking because that's what your logical topology is indicating.

You should really only be Natting once, NAT IP on modem but modem should dhcp to router WAN port (technically a second NAT) which in turn the router should supply dhcp to your LAN (Computers,Xbox,DLNA devices,etc.....)

Not really sure in your case because that nanostation is a repeater//wireless bay station???

At this point I'd tend to agree with what your ISP is telling you since that is not a modem that you're using.

The nanostation connects to a bigger antenna i don't know what it is

I tried nating once and it didnt work( i've connected the xbox directly to the anetanna , i got internet but ports failed )

The nanostation connects to a POE ( its like an adapter of the antenna ) with a crossover cable, then another crossover cable comes out of that POE and connects to the router

And i dont think that its just a repeater because it has many functions like port forwarding, the only problem is that my isp does not give me access to the antenna

you can check a demo of the antenna software here

wisp.pl/al/demo/NanoStationM5loco/home.htm

EDIT:

I've tried a new router and i think the antenna is the problem

in the router the port gets forwarded, before there were no 3071 ad 3072 ports, but after i pressed test in Link and ports fail i got this:

post-62370-0-48540500-1435410310_thumb.png

• Like 1

The nanostation connects to a bigger antenna i don't know what it is

I tried nating once and it didnt work( i've connected the xbox directly to the anetanna , i got internet but ports failed )

The nanostation connects to a POE ( its like an adapter of the antenna ) with a crossover cable, then another crossover cable comes out of that POE and connects to the router

And i dont think that its just a repeater because it has many functions like port forwarding, the only problem is that my isp does not give me access to the antenna

you can check a demo of the antenna software here

EDIT:

I've tried a new router and i think the antenna is the problem

in the router the port gets forwarded, before there were no 3071 ad 3072 ports, but after i pressed test in Link and ports fail i got this:

attachicon.gifmedia-20150627.png

They're limiting your service because if your router is displaying that on your end, then you should be fine with everything that YOU can configure.

That really sucks...  =\ 

Basically you LiNK test is working locally but its most likely being blocked at the demarcation point which would be either at the antennae or whatever the antennae is broadcasting to.

A bridged VPN connection via a PC using two NICS might work but you're going to suffer some latency.

By any chance have you tried using XlinkKai? and if so do you get the same issue?

The PoE shouldnt matter as thats Power over Ethernet and used for VOiP phones and the such.