RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

TX coolrunner rev c burnt jp pad

So, I just picked up a rgh 1 possible console, and the only coolrunner I have left in stock is one that I pulled from an rgh2 console when r-jtag came out. Unfortunatly, it is missing a pad on the JP Jumper(The one closest to the caps.) Any help in tracing where this goes, would be appreciated, so I can get this console finished and sold. :)

Also, this console for a jasper, has a benq drive, and needs a new laser, I have a liteon phat drive, can I pull the laser from that, and use it in the benq? I havnt tried it, as I dont want to burn the laser out. :(

• Like 2

The laser should swap. Both are hop-141x or something to that effect. Can you scrape and just solder a small piece of kynar to the trace?

thanks for the laser info, I have no idea where the trace is, and unfortunatly, no razor blades. :( it might go to ground plane for all i can tell. :( I just dont want to waste the r-jtag chip i have, unless someone wants this jasper with a demon.

thanks for the laser info, I have no idea where the trace is, and unfortunatly, no razor blades. :( it might go to ground plane for all i can tell. :( I just dont want to waste the r-jtag chip i have, unless someone wants this jasper with a demon.

here is what i have checked with multimeter m8.. this is kind of a fubard 1.. but still boots.. and c15, where my thumb is, runs all across the bottom, let me know if you need spots checked else where ;-)

1oqetw.jpg

to be ALOT more specific on the points.. yellow is slim setting/gets bridged to light-blue on slim ;-)

16jm06f.jpg

• Like 1

That is 1 fucked up coolrunner. :(

still boots like a champ.. hahaha anyone else with a better one can easily test the same spots, and get the same results.. lol

• Like 1