RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Kampai

Problem with Fable 2

When I load Fable 2 through Aurora (every version I've tried and on 0.5b now), my DLC does not load, and saves from games launched by other launchers and dashboards show as corrupt. So far I believe this is the only game doing this. My wife has never played any of the Fable games and I would love it if she could play without worrying if anything will go corrupt. 

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

Aurora has nothing to do with this, DLC and Saves are managed by the xbox. If NXE is saying they are corrupt, then they are corrupt. The only thing aurora does is download title updates, and installs them in either cache, or content(depending on the game), and scans for content in the content folder, and reads the header of the content and sorts it into lists(Installed DLC, Game Saves, etc.). So you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

• Like 1

Aurora has nothing to do with this, DLC and Saves are managed by the xbox. If NXE is saying they are corrupt, then they are corrupt. The only thing aurora does is download title updates, and installs them in either cache, or content(depending on the game), and scans for content in the content folder, and reads the header of the content and sorts it into lists(Installed DLC, Game Saves, etc.). So you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

If I load the game through FSD or XEXMenu, the old saves work fine and the DLC will work. I'm only having this issue when I launch through Aurora. It's just weird.

That is wierd, as the saves are managed by the xbox. I have had similar issues with other games when TUs werent installed propperly, and aurora checks to make sure the tu you chose is installed, and then installs it if it isnt. your TU download in aurora might have corrupted, then when it copys it over, that is corrupt, and since the saves and dlc require it, the game is seeing it all as corrupt, because it doesnt know what to do with it. Easy check, launch game from aurora, and then go to nxe, and check under storage, and see if it says the TU is corrupt.

• Like 1

I checked it when I got home from work, and what you said with the TU getting corrupt was the problem. Thanks so much. Simple little things like that are sometimes the hardest for me to spot lol.

• Like 2

Dont worry about it, maybe we can get a hash check in the next version of aurora, so things like this dont happen. As I have had this happen a few times with different games.

Dont worry about it, maybe we can get a hash check in the next version of aurora, so things like this dont happen. As I have had this happen a few times with different games.

odds are, it was FSD.. as that duplicates TU's at random.. 

odds are, it was FSD.. as that duplicates TU's at random.. 

It was working with FSD, as the TU that fsd downloaded was not corrupt, and it installs the tu it downloaded, and has set to enabled when it launches a game like aurora. Sometimes things just dont download right, which is why they should add a hash check, to compare with the server. ;) this would solve all of these problems, as if it downloaded, and didnt pass the check, it would erase it, and download it again until it did, or erase it, and let the user know, so they could start the download again. I have had to download a tu 2 or 3 times before, as my xbox would drop the connection, using wireless, halfway through, and then the bar would jump to the end, and it would say the TU was installed, enable it, and the game would either show up with the base version, or it would freeze up, and fatal crash. Remove the tu and it works perfect again.

It was working with FSD, as the TU that fsd downloaded was not corrupt, and it installs the tu it downloaded, and has set to enabled when it launches a game like aurora. Sometimes things just dont download right, which is why they should add a hash check, to compare with the server. ;) this would solve all of these problems, as if it downloaded, and didnt pass the check, it would erase it, and download it again until it did, or erase it, and let the user know, so they could start the download again. I have had to download a tu 2 or 3 times before, as my xbox would drop the connection, using wireless, halfway through, and then the bar would jump to the end, and it would say the TU was installed, enable it, and the game would either show up with the base version, or it would freeze up, and fatal crash. Remove the tu and it works perfect again.

true.. lol.. you and the hash checks.. lmao keeping me busy huh??

• Like 1

true.. lol.. you and the hash checks.. lmao keeping me busy huh??

Lol. This is a little different, as the server would generate it as the files came in, and then the console would generate them when the file was done downloading. Now for the files that are already there, that wouldnt be to hard, you could basically do it like I had you do the imports for the game gear cheats, and I was planning on using the hash checks in the next version of my app to rename the cht files to match rom names for the emulators that require this, so it doesnt have to be done manually, so there is a method to my madness. And yes i do get some sick pleasure from keeping you busy. lol. Not really, but it is for a good cause, and originally you volunteered, and I gave you credit for all of your hard work. :) And you can say with all the work for the community I have thrown your way, that you have actually done something for the scene, which is more then a lot of people. :) Especially with the stuff I have you working on now, which will be a surprise for everyone else, so dont tell them. :)

• Like 1

Lol. This is a little different, as the server would generate it as the files came in, and then the console would generate them when the file was done downloading. Now for the files that are already there, that wouldnt be to hard, you could basically do it like I had you do the imports for the game gear cheats, and I was planning on using the hash checks in the next version of my app to rename the cht files to match rom names for the emulators that require this, so it doesnt have to be done manually, so there is a method to my madness. And yes i do get some sick pleasure from keeping you busy. lol. Not really, but it is for a good cause, and originally you volunteered, and I gave you credit for all of your hard work. :) And you can say with all the work for the community I have thrown your way, that you have actually done something for the scene, which is more then a lot of people. :) Especially with the stuff I have you working on now, which will be a surprise for everyone else, so dont tell them. :)

haha, i was joking about that. it would most def have to be done through unity itself.. and not through me.. and see, you said it, not me.. haha im no snitch, my lips are sealed.. and by all means.. i DID volunteer.. as i ALWAYS do.. and i didnt even say u had to credit me at all originally

• Like 2