RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
chriss179

Aurora title update download slow.

Hello, I have an Xbox here which I had to repair. It had its network + USB connector broken from the mainbord. I used a broken donor board to remove another USB + lan port. Soldered it unto the other mainboard and all seem to work perfect. But wouldn't you know it always some ghost in the machine. While ftp works flawlessly 11mb/s while streaming of video works flawlessly (even in aurora) then I want to download a large tu and get download times of over 20 minutes for a 100mb tu. While on another Xbox it goes 3-4mb/s. I'm out of clues.... What the hell could be wrong? A bad connection resulting in half duplex ? Then why only tu download suffer any hit?

• Like 1

Have you been running both consoles side-by-side with the exact same parameters?

Yes. Manual IP address. Same IP address. Just replaced HDD and use the other Xbox. Same dashboard. Same everything. One is a falcon the other a jasper. But that shouldn't matter.

I'm thinking maybe the network chip was damaged by something but why does it work 99% perfect. Some DMA mode or some cached mode or something don't work anymore? Ftp works flawlessly. Just tu downloading. Also cover downloading and refreshing seem to work well... No minute to refresh a cover or something. I mean these covers are not that big. But also streaming works flawlessly. I can't wrap my head around this.

I got an update here. I used another cable and it somehow goes fast again. 1 cable has only 4 wires full duplex 100mb 1,2,3 and 6 tp if I recall correctly. The other is 1gb 8 wires. The 4 wires works correct on one Xbox but tu download on the other will go like a snail. The 8 wire 1 GB goes lightning speed again. Now you tell me you've seen it all. I'm serious....

Its the combination Xbox AND cable. Does Xbox even use the other 4 pins? Why does one Xbox work flawlessly and the other have issues. And this wasn't before it took damage and that connector broke. Sure as hell It wasn't. It always worked on that 4 wire cable.