RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
nahoul

FSD data files

Hello All,

i am trying to figure out what each folder in FSD stores. 

so far i know

/databses/content.db is the game list that is built after pathing.

/databses/settings.db obvious :)

i am mainly trying to understand what's in GameData/000000001 and 000000002, etc

the problem i am facing now came after wiping the content.db, i deleted the file to fix the pathing that was all messed up. now i am facing a new issue. all covers are a mess.

specifically in the XBLA section. 640 games 80% have the wrong covers. i waited for my box to download all the covers (over 8k files, including 30 screenshots per title). but the covers are a mess. and with that comes a lot of crashes. if i try to manually refresh artwork. there is a 90% chance my freestyle will freeze.

your input and help is appreciated.

• Like 1

You are better of upgrading to Aurora then continuing from this half-working piece of crap you've got there...

The GameData\... folders contain the various parts of the gamedata FSD downloaded

It's a known error that FSD can't handle big databases, the more you have the more likely it is that you encounter the bug, it gets even worse with custom skins...

You are better of upgrading to Aurora then continuing from this half-working piece of crap you've got there...

The GameData\... folders contain the various parts of the gamedata FSD downloaded

It's a known error that FSD can't handle big databases, the more you have the more likely it is that you encounter the bug, it gets even worse with custom skins...

thanks for the suggestion. i have been away from all this for to olong. i lost track. new job and all. i didn't even know about Aurora.

i'll check it out. i know FSD team is gone and we won't be getting any updates. i guess it's time to move on :)

hmm, aurora doesn't view games into XBLA and 360 games categories properly. i have to use filters which doesn't work well

so back to FSD. i delete the gamedata folder. things seem to have stabalized, 

now, on both aurora and fsd, keyboard to enter xboxunity or jqu360 credentials doesn\t work. i highlight username, keyboard opens up, but can't type with it. only way to close the keyboard is by pressing the Guide button. i have googled all over the place. can't see to find anyone discussing this issue.

hmm, aurora doesn't categories games into XBLA and 360 games. i have to use filters which doesn't work well

so back to FSD. i delete the gamedata folder. things seem to have stabalized, 

now, on both aurora and fsd, keyboard to enter xboxunity or jqu360 credentials doesn\t work. i highlight username, keyboard opens up, but can't type with it. only way to close the keyboard is by pressing the Guide button. i have googled all over the place. can't see to find anyone discussing it.

It does, it just doesn't work 100% like FSD... it works soo much better because you've got a much more fine-tuned control of what will be displayed exactly... with 0.5b you'll be able to switch between 360, XBLA and more with just a few buttons...

Hi 

i was quick on making a judgment, my bad :(

i have been doing reading on scripts and other stuff. very interesting indeed :)

can't get any covers downloaded though :(, need to do Some more reading. thanks for all the support :)

Hi 

i was quick on making a judgment, my bad :(

i have been doing reading on scripts and other stuff. very interesting indeed :)

can't get any covers downloaded though :(, need to do Some more reading. thanks for all the support :)

With 0.4b it should automatically fix the settings for you in dashlaunch when it starts, the covers are all downloaded from xboxunity.net