RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
yurchik

Unformatted internal 4G memory

Hello,

I have xbox360 corona v2 4g rgh, dashboard  16537, fs 775, dashlaunch 3.09, external hdd. When I tried to input xellmenu by pushing eject button, I get only the black screen. When I pushed eject button again, the xellmenu appeared, but after this, the red screen appeared. I shut down xbox by power button. When I pushed power button, xbox stuck on xbox logo. I turned off xbox and disconnect from AC power for couple minutes. After reconnect AC power and turn on by power button, message appeared that kinect need update and don't recognized. Into freestyle menu I can't see internal 4G memory. Into xbox menu internal 4G memory unformatted and format is only one option.

1. Can I format internal 4G memory?

2. How can I update kinect? Do I need update dashboard first?

3. How can I input to xellmenu?

Regards.

• Like 4

1. I don't recommend using that memory, but yes... you can format it...

2. Read up on how to install the avatar support... there are guides on that in this forum...

3. You already know how to start XeLL, there is no XeLLMenu afaik, maybe you're talking about a homebrew application? the red screen you encountered means that it crashed, why? no idea! for that i need to know exactly what version you were using, what hardware you had attached, and also what that red screen actually say..

Thank you for answer, can I re-install XeLL according your post:

Download xell reloaded, download the latest dashlaunch (inside you'll find the latest xelllaunch) extract etheir xell-1f.bin or xell-2f.bin and put it next to the default.xex file in the xelllaunch folder... start it up and xell should start just fine  :)

Can I use folder with only xell-1f.bin and default.xex?

Thank you for answer, can I re-install XeLL according your post:

Download xell reloaded, download the latest dashlaunch (inside you'll find the latest xelllaunch) extract etheir xell-1f.bin or xell-2f.bin and put it next to the default.xex file in the xelllaunch folder... start it up and xell should start just fine  :)

Can I use folder with only xell-1f.bin and default.xex?

Yes, you can use only xell-1f.bin and default.xex OR xell-2f.bin and default.xex

I formatted 4G memory and it's going well. In addition, I was able to get into XELL without reinstalling, I just had to wait a few minutes.

Is it necessary to reinstall XELL anyway?

What version of Simple_360_NAND_Flasher is good for update dashboard to 17150 for my xbox model?

Is it necessary to reinstall dashlaunch to version 3.14?

Regards.

I formatted 4G memory and it's going well. In addition, I was able to get into XELL without reinstalling, I just had to wait a few minutes. Is it necessary to reinstall XELL anyway?

Not really no, either way XellLaunch won't re-install it, it'll simply load it from the .bin file and use from there ;)

Sorry for my questions again:

What version of Simple_360_NAND_Flasher is good for update dashboard to 17150 for my xbox model or it doesn't matter?

Is it necessary update dashlaunch to version 3.14?

Regards.

I would start with the latest version of 360 nand flasher, but any should work. Yes you have to update dashlaunch, but the latest version should be included in your nand image already.

• Like 1

Sorry for my questions again:

What version of Simple_360_NAND_Flasher is good for update dashboard to 17150 for my xbox model or it doesn't matter?

Is it necessary update dashlaunch to version 3.14?

Regards.

All versions support all kernel versions, however, 1.2 and later is advised as 1.2 has bug fixes and supports reading/writing MMC consoles aswell

in xeBuild_GUI_2.095, when I prepare new kernel, in fields Suggested motherboard, Suggested SMC and SMC Type I have : Unkown. Is it ok?

Do I need disconnect xbox from AC power for couple minutes after flash new nand?

It should be, I am not sure how xebuild gui handles smc though, I know if you load a glitch/jtag image in j-runner, it will just use the smc that is already in the image.

Same thing for xeBuild GUI, it only change the SMC if you tell it to (which is only available for JTAG type images)

• Like 1

The empty place on internal memory(4G) all the time changes, sometime occupied 1G, sometime occupied 1.5G, sometime all memory is free. What is it? That it is possible to make with it?

Honestly, i don't know... i don't use that memory myself, for a reason... it's shared by the same device that holds your firmware, now... if there's a write error at any point in time it could cause your console to stop functioning...

• Like 1