RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MrSmith

Externat HDD

Ok Guys, best start from the beginning

1st I fitted CR4 and loaded everything to the internal HDD (exe, dashlaunch FSD etc etc) and everthing worked perfectly.

2nd Then I fitted a Demon which also works prefecley.

I have now removed the HDD and fitted it in a HDD housing and want to use externaly.

How do I get it to boot as it did internaly, externaly.

The HDD was hacked to be an original MS HDD and formatted to be a original 360 HDD.

I have fitted a standed HDD internaly and want to keep it totally separate from anything to do with RGH

Thanks in advanced for any input

You can't use a harddrive formatted by the 360 dashboard on the internal port as an external harddrive... well, i guess you could if you use it with the xfer cable... but, not sure if Dashlaunch has added a mountpath for that...

Your best bet is to use FAT32 on the USB drive, there's also a patch now that disables "retail" harddrives (hdd's that work with both retail and hacked kernel) allowing you to be as safe as can be when using hacked that nothing should be writing to the harddrive from the hacked version... and, well... a hdd formatted by the hacked kernel will not work in the retail system, so...

You could also look into this. http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?139673-Demon-Dual-HDD-with-Automatic-Switch-%28WIP%29, it will auto switch 2 internal hdds, and if you are running a slim, with a few small modifications to the plastic, you can mount this, and both HDDs in the xbox, so there are less cables connected.

• Like 1

You could also look into this. http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?139673-Demon-Dual-HDD-with-Automatic-Switch-%28WIP%29, it will auto switch 2 internal hdds, and if you are running a slim, with a few small modifications to the plastic, you can mount this, and both HDDs in the xbox, so there are less cables connected.

Trying to find the relay in the UK is proving to be a right pig. But yes may go this way if I can get the parts. Dont want to start from scratch reloading every thing to an external HDD.

Thanks for all the advice you all offerd.