RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
youssefgothic2

Screenshots in games

Can't understand how take screenshots in games(

i can just take screenshot in Dash by pressing left ministick, in games it does not work.

I read this topic http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2655-screen-shots-in-game-help/

there is "plugin settings" on the picture in the topic. But I have no such settings, i have just it(see it on picture below)

2j1tnhs.png

My dash version is 3.0b 775, may be there are some beta updates for these screenshot setting? I can't see updates through the dash settings, it is writes "could not download version description file". So I am stuck now...

• Like 1

you are in the wrong section.

Look at your header. You are in "System Settings". You have to go into the "Plug in Settings"

there you can activate your Plug in and Screenshot function and define your "Activation" Buttons.

After that you can try it out.

You can also make Screenshots with the F3 WebUI.

You have to type your http://xboxip:9999 and go to notes.

• Like 1

Big thanks! I figured out the problem. I used non-default skin - so I can't see these options. I changed skin to default and saw F3plugin settings.

Unfortunately screenshots has 720p resolution, it is to small =( I am trying to take photo of instruction guide in Metal gear solid HD collection... Some games have ridiculous1024x720. But what I can't understand is why screenshot in dashboard menu has 720p too? My TV is 1080p. May be freestyle dash is working in 720p too?

If it is so what resolution will have screenshots from "native 1080p games" ?

You can change overall resolution in the original dashboard system display settings.

Xbox is better in 720p. Most games are not native 1080p. I dont know if there is scaling when you make screenshots and save them from webUi but normally youre screenshots should be the resolution you chose in your dash oard settings.

When you click on "info" on your tv remote you should see the current resolution. It doesnt have to be 1080p all the time. The devices you use have their own settings.

FSD takes screenshots using the game's native resolution

If you want to take 1080p screenshots use Xbox 360 Neighborhood

• Like 1

It might be true but i guess its the same technology behind it. It would always take the game native resolution or the display resolution setting.