RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmangum

Was there a change on system link recently that its suddenly not working?

I've no problem with system link but all of a sudden im not passing the port test.

is there a recent change that i havent read about lately? like was fsd updated or the unity? What do you guys think?

Nothing that should cause this problem, we've fixed a bug with unity which allowed ppl to join a full room from unity... and also a bug related to private rooms which would let anyone join even with the wrong password

Nothing that should cause this problem, we've fixed a bug with unity which allowed ppl to join a full room from unity... and also a bug related to private rooms which would let anyone join even with the wrong password

Hmm so nothing major. Shit i dont know whats wrong all of a sudden. usually it gets back after a day. but dang its still not working. what did i do to deserve this.

Maybe you made a nand update recently? I recommed using a fixed/static ip for your xbox. Check your router settings again.

Nah i did not. I did change theme tho but it went right back to default but im sure that isnt the cause. I dont remember doing anything really.

I checked the ip, on the NXE, and its still static. i did change it to a diffent IP to start anew. but it still didnt work

which ports did you use? Did you enable UPNP too? Do you have other xbox with different forwarded ports?

I randomly choose ports. usually when its been days that ive been using the 1000-1001 ports, i'll change it to 2000-2001. easy as that. but not its just weird. Right now im using 8000-8001. Something i havent used before.

UpNP is not enabled i think since in the test, i see "upnp router not found". thats not an issue cause its been like that ever since. 

no i dont have other xbox. I set the static ip to 108 so its the last ip. In case my brothers connect with the router, their ip would be in the range of 101-105

(that got me thinking tho, what if someone got a hold of that 108 ip? or the old 107 ip? is that possible?)

update: i changed the xbox static ip to .50 so no other device can have that ip. still not passing the ports.

Ask this guy

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3220-upnp-router-not-found-but-passed-all-test/

Im sure he already solved the problem.

I would set all new up, If nothing helps.

1.) setup static IP for your xbox

2.) forward 2 Ports for UDP and TCP to your Xbox IP

3.) connect again with your Unity account and retrieve the API Key again. (Change password or create a new account if you have to)

4.) Do a verification test.

5.) download latest TU for the game to test.

Try enabling UPNP in Aurora and do the test again if it did not work without it.

Try other Ports if one or both Ports fail.

Ask this guy

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3220-upnp-router-not-found-but-passed-all-test/

Im sure he already solved the problem.

I would set all new up, If nothing helps.

1.) setup static IP for your xbox

2.) forward 2 Ports for UDP and TCP to your Xbox IP

3.) connect again with your Unity account and retrieve the API Key again. (Change password or create a new account if you have to)

4.) Do a verification test.

5.) download latest TU for the game to test.

Try enabling UPNP in Aurora and do the test again if it did not work without it.

Try other Ports if one or both Ports fail.

lol thats funny cause IM that guy who posted that. Im not sure why i made a different account. 

But the jqe360 account is passed on the test thouigh... but ill still try resetting the API key.

ALso, im on FSD and not aurora.

Then its the ports. I think there is a problem with your router.

There are routers where you have to forward ports manually and additionally enable UPNP to get it to work.

Try ports that are not used. Not only in your router list. There are hidden ones.