RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
azmodadan

[Aurora] Add Release Date Sorting

Any news on release date and sorting on it? isn't release date available in the same place where you get synopsis , genre,...?

That’s the only thing i would like to see in this excellent dash, other than SMB connectivity which i think i read that it’s planed in future release...

Again thanks for making this great piece of software(and not just this one off course :clap:), and keep it simple and fast :thumbup:

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/blob/master/Media/Scripts/UserSubtitles/ReleaseDate.lua <--- a Subtitle to display this information

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/blob/master/Media/Scripts/UserSorts/ReleaseDate.lua <--- a Sort that sorts by ReleaseDate where available otherwise Title (it'll seperate those with Release Date and those without)

Thanks, working fine :baby: also grabbed that filter for only local coop, nice one :thumbup:

Only small number of games doesn’t have release date, in my case, 59 out of 490 xbla, and 28 out of 135 xbox360 games so still very usable :thumbsup:

One small issue I’ve noticed with xbox360 games, ascending sorting starts with games that don’t have release date available then oldest to newest date, but last game is a game with release date not available, similar with descending sort starts with that same game with no release date than newest to oldest and lastly no date, that one game in my case is ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, just strange, xbla games don't have that anomaly :wacko:

I don't know what to say about that, my check is for it to be an empty string, it doesn't check if it's an actual release date... i could probably improve it to check if it's actually a release date instead of checking if it's an empty string...

Can you give me the TitleID of the game you're having issues with? (it'll let me check what's going on and thus create a proper fix)

sure, it's 43430821

Ok, so looking at the data i can see that there's a ReleaseDate set to 2799-12-30 and there's a AvailabilityDate set to 2012-11-05, meaning; it should be showing up with a release date o.O

Can you verify it with the Subtitle i made?

GameListSubtitles["ReleaseDateDbg"] = function(Content)	return string.format("Release Date (Debug): %s", Content.ReleaseDate) end
Add the above code as: Aurora\Media\Scripts\UserSubtitles\ReleaseDateDbg.lua

And we'll see what Aurora says it should be :)

it's still says not available for that tittleid, but i've checked other games with no date and for them it's just blank

So, for some reason it litterally says "Not Available", which is why my script fails... but... looking at the data Aurora should be downloading, it seems like something's wrong...

Can you send me the entire data found here: Aurora\Data\GameData\43430821_*some numbers/letters*

I wanna look at what exactly Aurora downloaded, i don't have the game myself =/

** Edit: **

The reason i'm asking for this aswell is because it looks like a possible bug in Aurora and i want to verify it so we can perhaps fix Aurora instead :)