RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ubernoob

Some questions from a ubernoob

Ok so I'm a total noob to xbox 360 modding. Usually I wait until the "next Gen" comes out before I mod any console. So I have a trinity mother board. And a txdemon and CR4 arriving tomorrow. Here are some of my concerns.

I'm going to have dual nand so I can still play online on my retail side. But from my understanding I copy my retail nand to the demon. What if someone in my house ( I have 3 kids) don't know to turn the demon off before they go online, then I got a banned xbox right?  

Second question is....Will following the steps in this tutorial stop that from happeninghttp://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3202-jtagrgh-how-to-build-a-new-nand-when-you-lost-everything/

Third question is....What are some of the things I can do with a RGH Xbox? Because mainly I'm just doing it to play CDLC on Rocksmith 2014. 

Thanks for you time......

If you use your original nand and don't block it from accessing the internet, it'll likely get you banned yes... if you however follow the guide you mentioned you'll be able to use a different Keyvault (which makes your original safe) but i'd recommend keeping your smc_config and such (just use the kv.bin from the package described, or send me your dump + key and i build you a "safe" nand to use that'll cause you no problems with the fans and such) i say "safe" because i cannot guarantee that it won't get you banned (nobody can give you such a guarantee with any chips installed as at any point in time you can still get banned despite being careful!)

You can do just about anything you want with a RGH console, you can run Linux (must be built for Xbox 360, but still!) you can run emulators and other types of homebrew, you can run your games from an external or "internal" harddrive (internal == 2.5" SATA HDD attached to the SATA port inside of the console)... you can also do illegal stuff like downloading and using DLC that you didn't buy from Xbox Live (also the same goes for XBLA)