RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmangum

Why are my system link test not passing all of a sudden?

Usually when its not passing, i just restart my modem and its passed easily. Or sometimes i change ports once in a while and I pass the system lin ktest.

for a week now, i havent been passing the test. whats up with that? is there a problem?

Do you have your Consoles IP reserved in DHCP (or are you using static IP's)?

9/10 times when it stops working it's caused by a bad configuration like that, or something with the router/connection changing...

if you used UPNP you might want to clear out any set data there, this should be done by rebooting the router... but... not guaranteed to happen...

Do you have your Consoles IP reserved in DHCP (or are you using static IP's)?

9/10 times when it stops working it's caused by a bad configuration like that, or something with the router/connection changing...

if you used UPNP you might want to clear out any set data there, this should be done by rebooting the router... but... not guaranteed to happen...

I dont think so since theres no dhcp option on my router page. 

ive never changed anything recently when it was still working.

i dont use upnp i think cause on the test, it says upnp is not found.

I dont think so since theres no dhcp option on my router page. 

ive never changed anything recently when it was still working.

i dont use upnp i think cause on the test, it says upnp is not found.

Ok, yeah... no UPNP and no DHCP Options means your console likely changed the IP it have (unless you set it static) this would make the portforwards break as you tell the router "i want all traffic on this port to go to this computer"

Ok, yeah... no UPNP and no DHCP Options means your console likely changed the IP it have (unless you set it static) this would make the portforwards break as you tell the router "i want all traffic on this port to go to this computer"

Nah I set up a static IP for sure on my xbox cause thats the most important part of setting up system link. 

Because i forwarded the ports on that particular IP only. 

Hmm.. wait a sec. Now that i remember, i restarted the settings of my modem... and even the password of it so maybe the setttings in the xbox including the static ip got all mixed up??

But i dont know, cause everytime i check the status on FSD, i can see the correct IP adderss where i set the forwarded ports.

edit: ok i tried changing the manual ip on my xbox, and changed the port forwards... still not passing.