RealModScene
FaTaLiiTYz

Jtag External HD Advice

hi, can a jtag use a sata III 2.5" external hard drive, regards

Sure, any USB 2.0 harddrive should work

nice!! what about usb 3 ?

There's been reports of problems with USB 3.0 harddrives...

Keep in mind, external harddrives must be FAT32 or HFS+, and most issues appear to be when ppl are using 3TB or larger harddrives

There's been reports of problems with USB 3.0 harddrives...

Keep in mind, external harddrives must be FAT32 or HFS+, and most issues appear to be when ppl are using 3TB or larger harddrives

take a look at this swizzy! fleabay 151481407593, also is this a good price regards

take a look at this swizzy! fleabay 151481407593, also is this a good price regards

That price is pretty awesome yeah, and i always prefer WD drives over most others, they rarely let me down...

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/datorkomponenter/174485-wd_intern_harddisk_blue_1tb_sata_iii <--- this is the price in a swedish store, the ebay price in the same currency is ~450 so... as you can see, it's a pretty good price :)

Altought, seeing as that one is from Hongkong it could be a clone, and clones rarely ever keep the same standards... i'm not sure i'd ever buy one from ebay tbh, i prefer buying hardware like this from known merchants, well known ones you know :)

That price is pretty awesome yeah, and i always prefer WD drives over most others, they rarely let me down...

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/datorkomponenter/174485-wd_intern_harddisk_blue_1tb_sata_iii <--- this is the price in a swedish store, the ebay price in the same currency is ~450 so... as you can see, it's a pretty good price :)

Altought, seeing as that one is from Hongkong it could be a clone, and clones rarely ever keep the same standards... i'm not sure i'd ever buy one from ebay tbh, i prefer buying hardware like this from known merchants, well known ones you know :)

Thanks matey, gonna buy now :)

seagate expansion housings are usb 3 & work well with the 360 & mine are a fat jtag's.The hard drives inside said housings are 2tb.It takes a few seconds for detection other than that no issues,mind you i don't use externals for playing games they're for transferring already unpacked games.They cost me $105 nz ,they're cheap coz they're junk..lol..

edit: didn't see that bit in the post (quoted below),the 360 has a limit of 2tb was my understanding it's to do with the fat format used not to mention attempting to use a 3tb formatted as fat32,it can be done apparently,i was going to use 3tb's in my original xbox until i started reading up on it,bit of shame really it would've given me 9tb for each xbox (extender kits fitted)

"and most issues appear to be when ppl are using 3TB or larger harddrives"

• Like 1