RealModScene
Afloroae Robert

Cannot play XBLA from external HDD

Hello!

I run Aurora on my RGH-ed Xbox and as the title states I cannot play any xbla game from my external HDD.Any suggestions?

What happens when you try? Do you still have them in their XBLA container or did you extract the data from them? (the later won't work) have you unlocked them?

A little more details then "it doesn't work" comes a very long way when asking for help :)

• Like 1

Sorry for not being more specific.The error is "The game couldn`t start.Try downloading the game again!".The strange thing is that after I copy the same game to my internal hdd it works,when i switch it back to external it doesn`t.

And about XBLA Container i really dont know i downloaded them from JJ`s XBLA thread in xbox360iso forums.The only thing I can tell you is that the game is like a GOD Containter (with numbers).

Sorry for not being more specific.The error is "The game couldn`t start.Try downloading the game again!".The strange thing is that after I copy the same game to my internal hdd it works,when i switch it back to external it doesn`t.

And about XBLA Container i really dont know i downloaded them from JJ`s XBLA thread in xbox360iso forums.The only thing I can tell you is that the game is like a GOD Containter (with numbers).

That is strange, i'll look into it, see what i can come up with, afaik it works for me o.O

• Like 1

Like i said, it works perfectly fine for me... just double checked, even took files from the thread you mentioned to test... they also work fine, i have no idea what is causing your problem, and as i cannot reproduce it, there's little we can do to solve the problem =/

What size hdd are you using? I only just started getting this problem when i changed from a single tb to a 2tb drive.

I have a feeling xbla games don't like 2tb externals

What size hdd are you using? I only just started getting this problem when i changed from a single tb to a 2tb drive.

I have a feeling xbla games don't like 2tb externals

It has nothing to do with the games themselves, it's more the Xbox 360 kernel that will do that, either way, i use a Western Digital Elements 2TB with XBLA and disc based games without any issues, so it's more likely to be a problem with your particular hdd or the formatting (i recommend using GUIFormat by ridgecorp or whatever (google for it, it's like the first entry) this might solve your problem if you format with it instead of whatever you used)

interesting thing is though, disc based games work fine from the external, its only the the xbla games that have the error just like OP's issue. could that still be the formatting? maybe be the brand of drive? i'm using a seagate. 

all the exact same games worked on my western digital single terrabyte before i changed to the seagate, and its formatted in fat32. i'm glad to know that you have them working though.

It all depends on where on the disc they're placed and whatnot... but yeah, it could be down to the formatting causing the problem, or the drive itself... seagate drives should also work fine, however... i've had 1TB Seagate drives that corrupted data for me very quickly =/