RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xKrullzx

Problems with freestyle updating from 735 to 775 :)

Hey, I recently tried to update my freestyle version from 735 to 775 and I failed. I did everything I could find on internet, I enabled on the receive update and beta, didn't work (ofcourse my xbox is config to a internet). I tried the old version, I downloaded the version and put it on a USB. After that I tried to copy the files from the USB into Xbox, still didn't work.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks :D

Hey, I recently tried to update my freestyle version from 735 to 775 and I failed. I did everything I could find on internet, I enabled on the receive update and beta, didn't work (ofcourse my xbox is config to a internet). I tried the old version, I downloaded the version and put it on a USB. After that I tried to copy the files from the USB into Xbox, still didn't work.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks :D

So, you manually overwrote the FSD files with the 775 ones? did you do that using FSD or something else? you can't use FSD while replacing the files...

download a fresh copy and start over. or get the new aurora v0.3b. It has most of the features of FSD, and a built in trainer engine. It is epic, and a lot faster then FSD.

@Swizzy , ok so I need to download the XeXMenu 1.2 to overwrite? Or is any posible that I can do that with my network, like automaticaly? :)

@gavin_darkglider , With the Aurora, can I play online like LiNK? :D

@Swizzy , ok so I need to download the XeXMenu 1.2 to overwrite? Or is any posible that I can do that with my network, like automaticaly? :)

@gavin_darkglider , With the Aurora, can I play online like LiNK? :D

You can use XEXMenu 1.1 or 1.2 (which is the same, just skins added) to overwrite the files...

Aurora can play on LiNK also yes ;)

@Swizzy Hmm, my XeXMenu 1.1 is loading very slow, I don't know if is work properly.

But I think I will install Aurora if is better than FSD.

If I will install Aurora, I will lose very game which I have on Xbox? :)

Hey guys I'm really new with FSD and stuff so I hope you guys can be patient with me here lol.

I can't seem to update my FSD (running Dash Version: 3.0b Rev735, Kernel Version: 2.0.16747.0), when I check the update it says "Could not download version description file". Also, not sure if this is related, but my FSD plugin is disabled and when I press on Load, nothing happens. I'm definitely connected to the internet, I can login to JQE360 and download icons and stuff for all my games. I already checked Receive Update Notices at Startup and Enable Beta Updates in General Settings. 

I realize that I probably have to download the update manually, but the files are in my internal HDD so I'm kinda scared of screwing around with it without a proper guide. Also is it possible to edit the files in the internal HDD without using FTP?

Any help would be really, really appreciated. Thanks!

You'll have to download it manually yes, then you have to find where FSD is installed on your internal harddrive, common directories are:

Hdd1:\Freestyle\default.xex

Hdd1:\F3\default.xex

Hdd1:\Apps\Freestyle\default.xex

Hdd1:\Apps\F3\Default.xex

There are others as well, but i can't really help you with this without seeing your dashlaunch configuration (launch.ini) usually found in hdd1:\launch.ini or flash:\launch.ini

You can change the contents of your internal harddrive using the filemanager of FSD, XEXMenu or Aurora, i don't recommend that you replace the files which are being used by FSD while you're running it, instead start XEXMenu or Aurora from a USB stick or something then replace the files

How does Aurora work? Is it like a replacement for FSD? Would I need an up to date version of FSD to install Aurora?

Aurora is like a replacement for FSD, you don't need FSD at all to install Aurora, all you need is a way to copy the aurora files to your console :)

Aurora is like a replacement for FSD, you don't need FSD at all to install Aurora, all you need is a way to copy the aurora files to your console :)

Interesting! Imma look into that. Thanks for the help! 

EDIT:

Somehow when I go into Xexmenu or when I FTP, only the Flash folder is visible. But in FSD I can see all the other folders, including Game (i'm pretty sure that's the Freestyle folder) and stuff. How do I manually put the new FSD folder there if I can't see it? :/ Like you said I probably shouldn't do it while i'm in FSD.. 

So this is what my launch.ini file looks like: 

[Paths]
BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
Default = mmcMu:\Apps\FreeStyle\default.xex
[Plugins]
[settings]
bootdelay = 0x2A
Region = 0x7FFF
nooobe = False
nohealth = False
nonetstore = False
fakelive = False
xhttp = False
remotenxe = True
liveblock = True
exchandler = True
noupdater = True
regionspoof = True
fatalreboot = True
contpatch = True
pingpatch = True
nxemini = True

Oddly enough it looks like there's 2 folders already in there with FSD, one is called Game which is in the Root folder, and another on onBoardMU > Apps > Freestyle. I tried FTPing into FSD, and then copying a folder for Aurora in the root folder, but i can't seem to get it to transfer to the root folder. If i try to make a new directory FlashFXP tells me it's an invalid arguement. When I just try to transfer it says Path Not Found. I'm so confused right now.

You shouldn't be using the internal memory unit on your Corona...

You should be using a HDD or USB drive... the "Game" directory is a virtual path leading to where you have FSD, you shouldn't use that... and... XEXMenu doesn't support MMCMU... that's why you can't access that from there...

You shouldn't be using the internal memory unit on your Corona...

You should be using a HDD or USB drive... the "Game" directory is a virtual path leading to where you have FSD, you shouldn't use that... and... XEXMenu doesn't support MMCMU... that's why you can't access that from there...

I see.. So.. How do I go about updating my FSD then lol.

Cuz basically my Xbox was modded from the shop I got it from, and I don't know why but they seem to have no idea how to update FSD, how to fix the FSD Plugin not loading issue, or how to enable disc swapping. But I do know that the FSD files are in the internal HDD, and all my games are in the external HDD.

I see.. So.. How do I go about updating my FSD then lol.

Cuz basically my Xbox was modded from the shop I got it from, and I don't know why but they seem to have no idea how to update FSD, how to fix the FSD Plugin not loading issue, or how to enable disc swapping. But I do know that the FSD files are in the internal HDD, and all my games are in the external HDD.

According to your launch.ini your FSD is in your internal MemoryUnit, not HDD... there's a difference between HDD and MU... the MU is part of your NAND... it's generally a bad idea to use that device as any corruption will lead to either you losing whatever is stored there or you ending up with a non-booting system...

According to your launch.ini your FSD is in your internal MemoryUnit, not HDD... there's a difference between HDD and MU... the MU is part of your NAND... it's generally a bad idea to use that device as any corruption will lead to either you losing whatever is stored there or you ending up with a non-booting system...

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought onboardMU was a folder in root or something. So what are my options? What if I change the location in launch.ini to something else? Like to my external or something.

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought onboardMU was a folder in root or something. So what are my options? What if I change the location in launch.ini to something else? Like to my external or something.

That you could do :) but, obviously you also have to move Aurora/FSD to that location ;)

That you could do :) but, obviously you also have to move Aurora/FSD to that location ;)

Awesome. So I'll just change that line "Default = .." to "Default = Usb0:\Aurora\default.xex" for example? What about the existing FSD files that are already in the MU would leaving them there be a problem?

What if I want it in my internal HDD though I'd prefer leaving the external HDD just for games. The only folder accessible when I FTP in Xexmenu is Flash and USB though..

Thanks Swizzy you're a lifesaver.

You don't specify the number, but yeah... leaving them causes no harm as long as they're not being used...

If xexmenu don't show hdd1 you don't have a internal hdd, only the mu...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You don't specify the number, but yeah... leaving them causes no harm as long as they're not being used...

If xexmenu don't show hdd1 you don't have a internal hdd, only the mu...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. I did actually try running FSD from my external a few days ago. But it crashed. I didn't change anything in launch.ini though maybe that's why. I just launched it from FSD's file explorer. But I'll try that and let you know what happens!

Gotcha. I did actually try running FSD from my external a few days ago. But it crashed. I didn't change anything in launch.ini though maybe that's why. I just launched it from FSD's file explorer. But I'll try that and let you know what happens!

When it crashes it's generally because you didn't copy the files correctly... i'd recommend doing a fresh install if you're going to switch to USB...

When it crashes it's generally because you didn't copy the files correctly... i'd recommend doing a fresh install if you're going to switch to USB...

Do you mean like this?

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/how-to-install-xexmenu-or-fsd-installer-on-a-usb-key/

Edit:

Yeah so I'm kinda lost again. What did you mean when you said "fresh install"? From what I've read basically I just need to download FSD rev775 files(done), put it in my external where all my current games are in(done) and then edit the launch.ini file(not done yet). Does that actually count as an "install"? Also do I need to create a new launch.ini in my external, or do I just need to edit the existing launch.ini which is in the Flash folder of my xbox?