RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Loreno

GTA V DVD1 problem

Hi,

I was trying to install GTA 5 to my RGH console, by it does not work. I've got an external drive, which I have set to be used by Xbox (part of it is for games and the rest was formatted by Xbox, because I needed content folder). So I put the whole content folder from dvd1 into usbmu0 on the external drive and the dvd2 was copied to my games folder, just like any other game. Unfortunately when I run xm360 to unlock the 4 files from dvd1, after it scans for dlc it finds only 2 of them: gta5part0 and gta5part3. It doesn't show gta5part1 and gta5part2.

When I unlock those 2 dlc and run the game it freezes on the loading screen.

Do you know any solution?

the GTA DLC installation has to be done to the HDD, it doesn't accept it from anywhere else... you also don't need to run xm360 on them... they're not locked...

So there is no way to run it from the USB drive? I read many tutorials about gta 5 installation and they said it could be done on hdd or a pen drive (prepared by Xbox).

So there is no way to run it from the USB drive? I read many tutorials about gta 5 installation and they said it could be done on hdd or a pen drive (prepared by Xbox).

I think it only works from HDD, but i might be wrong, haven't tested any other method... etheir way, it's best to use a HDD...

Try redoing everything. I mean: re-extract the game discs, make sure you have all the right files of the Install disc in your content folder,... Also, it is in fact possible to install the Play disc on a USB. And as swizzy stated, the installation content doesn't have to be unlocked.

I know, but I don't really have an option to buy HDD - it's rather expensive.

You don't have to get a retail hdd, any 2.5" SATA hdd will work since you have RGH ;)

To verify that the files are ok you can also go to NXE (the 360 dashboard) then just check under "Memory" that you see the 4 "DLC" parts, if they're not marked with a exclamation mark, they should be loaded fine by the game