RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cozmo72

HDD size

Hi guys, I have an RGH xbox and im just wondering what size is the biggest internal hard drive I can use? can I use 2tb? if so which are best brands to use.

Thanks guys

Personally i use Western Digital (WD) harddrives, the biggest internal i guess is 2TB yeah...

Thanks for the reply :) Is it just a case of plug in and play and the the xbox configure the drive or do I need install the hard drive another way? also does the 2TB drive fit inside the xbox ok? I heard some 2TB drives are too big to go inside

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the reply :) Is it just a case of plug in and play and the the xbox configure the drive or do I need install the hard drive another way? also does the 2TB drive fit inside the xbox ok? I heard some 2TB drives are too big to go inside

Thanks again :)

You plug it in, then you go to the Memory menu in the NXE dashboard (Original Xbox 360 dashboard) and format the hdd... this of course imply that you are using a RGH or JTAG console, retail consoles only support official harddrives in which case the biggest on the market today is 320GB

Some 2TB HDD's fit, some don't... the limit is on the height, the standard size is 9.5mm high, anything greater then this won't fit and of course, it should be a 2.5" SATA HDD (laptop), not 3.5" (desktop)

The question has already been answered, I just thought I'd add this: You can use hard drives with larger storage capacity than 2TB, however, only 2TB of it will be recognized by the RGH console.

The question has already been answered, I just thought I'd add this: You can use hard drives with larger storage capacity than 2TB, however, only 2TB of it will be recognized by the RGH console.

Which means that a harddrive bigger then 2TB is useless... thus... if we say; limit is 2TB ppl won't get angry ;)