RealModScene
DCohen726

FSD and Aurora Not Showing All Games

Hey Everyone

So a few days ago I decided to re-enter the JTAG/RGH world of XBOX 360 and got myself an RGH Slim console. I was able to take my hard drive out of the shell of my old phat one and put it in the slim. While I can boot all my games up through XEX menu, I am having trouble getting FSD 3 or Aurora to recognize all my retail based games. It's fantastic for the XBLA titles, but it seems to only recognize only 1 or a couple of retail games in my GAMES folder . Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? If it matters, I'm using Dashlaunch 3.12. Any help is appreciated!

A little more information of your paths would be nice, and also your scan path settings...

If your games are like this: hdd1:\Games\Gamename\gameid\0...070...0\GODHeader\GODHeader.data then setting scan depth to 2 will be to short unless you select each and every 0...070...0 folder, set the scandepth to 9 in order to avoid this type of issues, or atleast count down to the header or whatever to find out how deep you need to set it...

Nope, I have just been putting the retail games in my /Games folder. I extract the ISO, FTP / or copy it from my external to the /Games folder on the 360 HDD and play it from there. Is it better to make it a GOD instead? 

Nope, I have just been putting the retail games in my /Games folder. I extract the ISO, FTP / or copy it from my external to the /Games folder on the 360 HDD and play it from there. Is it better to make it a GOD instead?

Might be better if you are using your internal harddrive as GOD containers generally contain less files ;)

But, it still doesn't solve your problem, i'm not sure what the heck is going on, but as long as you have a default.xex it SHOULD find the game, and every game i know have this file (i've so far never seen a single game without it!)

Well then, I guess I better figure out how to turn games to GOD and make sure my system is as up to date as possible. and the red warning light is on.  *searches forums for tutorials*

ALL of my games has the default.xex, that's how I boot them.

I say go for a fresh FSD install and point your default launch.ini to the new FSD default and try again with scan paths and depth of the scans. you can always point it back to the one your using if it doesn't work. 

Here's the real kicker to this whole thing. I downloaded an old copy of FSD 1.20 and that works!! Shame I forgot how to get covers for that version

gadabama is quite good for sorting covers etc. out, it's a tool that you can copy over your FSD folder over to a hard drive etc. and then sort covers and games. (there's an old way if you enable something in launch.ini but can't quite remember the old way now...)

Do a fresh install, or maybe enable beta updates on that old version and see if it'll pick up the "updates" automatically for FSD.  

nearly there :)

Sadly, no updates from 1.20, gonna try 2.2 see if I can get that one to recognize it. I'd rather not spend a lot of HDD space and resources making GOD files, but I will if it means I can use the latest one

Update: Nope, something was done after 1.20 that made the games not viewable in FSD, weird. Should I flat out try a full hard drive format and go from there?

Sadly, no updates from 1.20, gonna try 2.2 see if I can get that one to recognize it. I'd rather not spend a lot of HDD space and resources making GOD files, but I will if it means I can use the latest one

GOD doesn't take more space then the xex's if you select to rebuild the iso (removing padding)

Let's say I have the latest dash w/avatar stuff, is it safe to just make a GOD with the $SystemUpdate intact? or do I have to go through the whole extract and rebuild the iso before converting to GOD?

Let's say I have the latest dash w/avatar stuff, is it safe to just make a GOD with the $SystemUpdate intact? or do I have to go through the whole extract and rebuild the iso before converting to GOD?

It's safe, it's even safe to leave it when not on the latest version, the only time the console cares about that folder is when it's on a CD/DVD or in the root of your USB memory, besides... if you tell dashlaunch to block updates, it'll be looking for $$ystemUpdate and not $SystemUpdate

Just an update. I have started converting games to GOD and so far everything is working. I just hate i have to rebuild the ISOs of hard to find games I still have on my HDD