RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
GoJohnny

Help headset not functioning with COD Ghosts

I recently bought a xbox 360 bleutooth headset which i use through system link.

Now when i use the headset with the game COD black ops 2 everything works out fine, but when i try to use it with COD Ghosts it doesn't work at all.

Does somebody have any idee on how this is possible??

I recently bought a xbox 360 bleutooth headset which i use through system link.

Now when i use the headset with the game COD black ops 2 everything works out fine, but when i try to use it with COD Ghosts it doesn't work at all.

Does somebody have any idee on how this is possible??

Maybe COD Ghosts don't support headsets?

just turn on fakelive in dashlaunch before u start the game and this works for other games as well like mw3. rdr. and more

thanks for replying Swizzy, how can i find out whether a game supports a headset or not?

thanks for replying Suprashake, but i already have fakelive turned on in dashlaunch.

Well, you can google and see what it turns up, or you can check it against a "original" headset (if that works, something's very funky) otherwise you'll have to test it with a retail console perhaps, or in a local system link...

thanks for replying Suprashake, but i already have fakelive turned on in dashlaunch.

do u have autofake or fakelive on. autofake from my testing dont work as good as fakelive. just a ? r u sure there r other players with mics in ghosts talking. when ever i play i dont here player taking but some times and it can be days befor i here anyone in ghosts unlike black ops 2 i here all the times or at lest a few round in to bo2. just my 2 cents i dont use a mic in mp most of the time. i mainly use a mic in zombiez and some times bo2 mp. other ells i dont use my mic. i hop this helps. ohh yah forgot to say u have to turn on fakelive every time you coldboot or reboot your x360.

i'm using the Original headset Swizzy, and i also tried using it in a local game, both with black ops 2 and Ghost. In BO2 the headset is working but in Ghost it still isn't.

could it have sommething to do with the TU i'm in?

No, i'm sure i have fakelive enabled in dashlaunch Suprashake. And i was playing with my brother in law, who was also using a headset, when we played in BO2 the headset worked out fine, but when we switched to Ghost it did not work anymore.

i'm using the Original headset Swizzy, and i also tried using it in a local game, both with black ops 2 and Ghost. In BO2 the headset is working but in Ghost it still isn't.

could it have sommething to do with the TU i'm in?

No, i'm sure i have fakelive enabled in dashlaunch Suprashake. And i was playing with my brother in law, who was also using a headset, when we played in BO2 the headset worked out fine, but when we switched to Ghost it did not work anymore.

fakelive and autofake are 2 completly different settings...

Yes, it could be a bug introduced in a TU... try running vanilla game (no TU active), if it has worked before but not now with the same game it's most likely a TU issue, if you don't know... just try... and, if it works for someone else but not for you, it's very strange...

Thanks for the idea Swizzy, i tried running 'vanilla game', but unfortunatly this didn't work out either. Would almost think it's a game issue, if it wasn't for the fact that for a short moment it did work out before. I really have no idea of wat happened, because i did not change anything.

A copple of days ago i tried a really cheap headset at first, and for a really short moment we could hear eachother playing Ghosts, but then suddenly it did not work anymore. So i bought the Original XBOX360 bleutooth headset, hoping this would work out better,  but  like a said, it workes out fine with BO2 , but does not work with Ghosts at all.

Thanks for helping out on this, i really appreciate it.

Something else you could try is to "walk between TU's" basically, going from TU0 (vanilla game) to the latest TU, enabling them one by one until you find one that works, if none works, well then there isn't much you can do :/

the latest one i got working is TU12 , 13 and 14 give problems with the multiplayer option. Now i've been reading a lot abouth it, seems i need compatability pack 2 (could this be the solution for my problem?) If so, do you know where i could find this pack? Been Googling for abouth an hour (also on dutplanet, spotweb and so on), but can't find it anywhere. (only a borderlands pack)

thanks again

Honestly, i don't know where you can find it other then the same places where you ussually find other DLC/Games after all, it's a DLC package ;)

But to answer your question, it's not likely to be fixing the headset issue, because what this pack is supposed to be is compatibility for various maps they've released as additional DLC so that you can play with others that actually bought them ;) (without buying all the DLC that is)