RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
RoboCop

Remove/delete content tabs from main menu?

Is there any way to remove the first 2 content tabs in the Library menu in F3 Rev 775?

The reason is that I will never use the "Open Tray" tab because the DVD Drive from my RGH was removed to add an additional fan to keep it cooler. Also, I use my Live Profile on both my Online Console and my RGH so I never want to log into my RGH with my Online Profile while inside the F3 environment. I always wait to log into my Profile after I load up my games in case that F3 shows up in my Profile and bans it the next time I get on Live.

(Using the following screencap that I found online to show what tabs I am talking about)

iiF4M14.jpg

i have always want to know this to. but I figured no one would care. i to dont use my dvd drive or care to see my signin or avatars hell i turn off the avatars in fsd. if it was not for call of duty black ops 2 needing avatar data. or i would not use any avatars or install the crap

• Like 1

You'll need to make a skin without those ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I tried all night to figure it out with no success. I read this thread http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/788-adding-tab-to-fsd/ which clued me into editting menusettings.xml located in settings folder and skin.xml. I downloaded XZP Tool 2, opened XZP file with XZP Tool, dragged settings\menusettings.xml onto desktop so I could open it with Notepad++. First I edited the tab quantity in menuid='0' from 7 to 5, deleted the first 2 tabs in <tabsettings>, then edited all the <tab id> and <bkgindex> numbers for each tab up 2 numbers for the remaining 5 tabs in parentid='0' since I deleted the first 2 (2 became 0, 3 became 1, and so on for menu id= '0'...)

Bd4WlYd.jpg

D34xA32.jpg

I don't know what to do next though.  :(

Any more help would be appreciated.

You're not supposed to edit the ID's, they should stay the same (otherwise you remove the last 2)

Once you've done your changes you repackage it and test it

I was hoping I could just edit that info from a theme I downloaded, after all, I just want to remove 2 tabs from the existing theme I am using. I guess it isn't that easy. I have browsed through some tutorials to find out how to make/edit/build your own theme/skin, but they just explain how to make/add your artwork for the new theme you are making. I haven't see anything about how to remove content tabs from the theme menu.

If there is one that addresses my particular situation, could somebody point me to it?