RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
robinmeade

Couple of issues with FSD

I have installed Freestyle dash (thank you for great piece of software), liked it so I decided to make it permanent and installed dashlaunch. It's all great, but I have few of issues, 

1st after awhile the clicking sound when I browse the game library and shuffle the covers or menus, it goes silent. Is it some kind of bug?

2nd more important. Sometimes when I exit game and choose to return to FSD the screen goes black and I have to restart xbox. Also when I choose [Y] (xbox home) on the controller it sometimes will take me to original MS dashboard and sometimes it goes to black screen and it will freeze. Any way to iron this out? Especially being able to go back to dash from a game without restarting the Xbox everytime.

Again thx for the great soft.

The error with the return to F3 is probably caused by the memory device you run it from, are you running it from a USB drive? if so; are you also playing your games from it? The problem you are describing sounds to me like it's having difficulties loading the data required... maybe you need to use the hddalive feature in dashlaunch (perhaps the usb drive is falling asleep?)

Thanks for the response

I only have the original 120gb hdd attached. Nothing is attached to USB. Anything else I could try?

What about the clicking sound going away after awhile?

Thx

Is the "clicking" sound coming from the HDD?

I'm sorry that must be misunderstanding. I'm not being clear I guess.

I'm not asking about clicking sound when hhd starts to fail, I'm asking about the sound that is assigned to scrolling through cover art library, after 10 minutes it disappears, and I don't know how to re-enable it. I enjoy that sound.

Btw I just read to keep the original skin in order to deal with issues in FSD, but that didn't help it still sometimes it will return to the dash after a game and sometimes it will go to black screen. But it does not freezes out right. When I unplug wired controller and then plug it back in Xbox still syncs with the controller even though it's just black screen

The scrolling sound in your games list stopping after a while is a bug in FSD that we have not been able to narrow down and then TBH just stopped caring about. The other issue you are having can be caused by a HDD falling asleep and not spinning up in time to load F3, another cause for this issue could be a bad flash.

It seems as I got this sorted out. It turns out it was one of the "skins" (the dream theme to be exact). Even though I switched back to the default it was giving me black screen. At some point while in the dark i started mashing the buttons and all of a sudden the Dream Theme loaded even though it was not checked marked, so I deleted it off with not so subtle message "delete this crap" (it didn't deserve it though, it's really a cool theme) and now everything seem to work ok again, minus the "clicking" which still goes away after awhile, which as I just read and suspected is a bug.

Anyway thx for all the replies.

I had the same problem, starting a game, choosing a profile and going back home  (pressing the central button and then Y) it will show a black screen and had to power off the console.

This was happening with the default skin, I changed the skin and it is working properly.