RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
nings

FSD 3 Rev 755 - ConnectX plugin - Very slow

Hello

I use ConnectX plugin for stream game through network but on the Xbox 100Mb card the bandwidth should be of ~12Mo/s but I have only ~0.7 to 1Mo/s with ConX connection. (6-8Mb/s)
And I try the same file with SMB protocol from FSD file manager like ConX and the bandwidth is of about 9Mo/s. (70Mb/s)

I have try to use SMB instead of ConX in the game paths manager but I can't save the path after push on X button the path don't appear in the list :(
How I can save and add game through SMB or increase speed of ConX because some games are too slow for be played ?

And latest question, there is no tool/plugin for read movies without use DLNA directly from a samba share ? (something like VLC.. not available ?)
(Xbox 1 can be used like media center and not the 360 ? :( )

Thank you for all !

They stopped rolling out updates for the connectx plugin. If you want to update the code, then it's all on you. I've had success with ConnectX (on older versions of FSD) but it was very "hit-or-miss". As far as media players for the 360 go. You should look into Xmplayer or FFplay. XBMC was never released for the 360 and it probably wont be.

Also octet == byte, so mo == mb

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Octet = byte yes
But my "mb" = megabits and I use different letter (o/b) for that ! :)

ConnectX is may be not updated anymore but why I can't use and save "SMB" instead for my game paths which is about 9x faster than Connectx ?
(Don't have the skill for reprogram than and I don't know what cpu is used in a Xbox360. You can compile from Linux with a crosscompiler ? )

For mediaplayer, I tried FFPlayer but I can choose only HDD/USB and it's for stream movie from network not read that locally :(
For XMPlayer, I have read "no networking" on a release note and don't have try. It's possible to read movie directly from a SMB share ?

Thank you for your help !

The Xbox 360 uses PPC64, yes... you can compile SOME stuff with linux using crosscompilation... but... i don't think there is a XDK compiler for linux... which is what is required for anything that runs with the Xbox 360 dashboard/kernel

Ok.. So very hard to change something or try to recompile something.
And there is a way to use SMB instead of ConX ? How save these type of paths ? Possible to edit a file ?

I have read than the source code of Connectx is included in Xbox dev kit.

Ok, thank you for this reply !
ConnectX with wireless N can be more faster or same than network card ?

I don't have checked before buy and RGH this Xbox 360 but applications seem limited compared to the first Xbox :(
No Xbmc, no media player which can read directly from network share. I had bought for this function because TV force to use DLNA.. why reencode the movie when TV can read directly from an USB device without any problem ?
But I see which it's exactly the same with 360 :(

Thank you for FSD which is great ! ;)

It works if you add the old connectx.xex and connectx_patch.xex plugins from the FSD2.2 folder to FSD3 plugin folder and also keep the new FreeStylePlugin.xex!