RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
waifung102

To update dashlaunch v3.11

I was done many research to finalize the how to update dashlaunch v3.11 step.

But i am facing one more problem which is my xbox 360 is corona 4gb however it's no hdd1: when i go into the xex 1.1 menu. I only have file USB0:,USB1: and Flash: 

Put the DashLaunch v3.12 installer on a USB stick and launch it with XeXMenu or FSD.

Your first USB device will be seen as USB0 and the second as USB1.

Put the DashLaunch v3.12 installer on a USB stick and launch it with XeXMenu or FSD.

Your first USB device will be seen as USB0 and the second as USB1.

First, the 16547 kernel version can support DashLaunch v3.12?  

Second, you mean put Dashlaunch v3.12 into my usb stick and launch it with XeXMenu ir FSD either one also can?

Third, where is the file(DashLaunch v3.12) i should put?  USB1 root?  Because i don't have hdd1 or hddx.

First, the 16547 kernel version can support DashLaunch v3.12?

Second, you mean put Dashlaunch v3.12 into my usb stick and launch it with XeXMenu ir FSD either one also can?

Third, where is the file(DashLaunch v3.12) i should put? USB1 root? Because i don't have hdd1 or hddx.

Yes, 3.12 supports kernels 9199 - 16747, you can run the installer from anywhere, you don't need it anymore once you've installed dashlaunch unless you need/want to change the configuration and/or use one of the installer features...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes, 3.12 supports kernels 9199 - 16747, you can run the installer from anywhere, you don't need it anymore once you've installed dashlaunch unless you need/want to change the configuration and/or use one of the installer features...

Ok. Let's say i open it by XeXMenu and i direct install it. When i go into the dashlaunch, should i change any settings inside there? I mean change everything same as what the  youtube video (how to update dashlaunch v3.12) are teaching. 

Ok. Let's say i open it by XeXMenu and i direct install it. When i go into the dashlaunch, should i change any settings inside there? I mean change everything same as what the youtube video (how to update dashlaunch v3.12) are teaching.

Well, it depends on what settings they tell you to use, defaults should be the best for beginners, there are a few settings which may be worth changing depending on how you use your console...

1) Go to dashlaunch folder, open installer file and click default.xex

2) click update.

3) The problem is which place i need to be save? 

1 more problem is my usb1 = hddx?  (my USB1 is 500GB external harddisc)

1) Go to dashlaunch folder, open installer file and click default.xex

2) click update.

3) The problem is which place i need to be save?

1 more problem is my usb1 = hddx? (my USB1 is 500GB external harddisc)

Why save? Save settings or what??

Hddx is the xbox compatibility partition of an official hdd (a hdd connected to the sata port)

According the save, mean should i save the settings? After everything done? default uss FSD and X_button use XeXMenu?

Another question is my xbox have Hddx? OR i need to save the settings into hdd/usb1?

I'd recommend putting it in "HDD" as HDDX isn't meant for anything like this... thus it's not even shown...

yes, you should save the settings if you change them, otherwise when you reboot your console they'll be gone...

What you put as default dashboard/X button is totally up to you...

• Like 1

Final decision, what i need to do is.....

1) Put dashlaunch v3.12 into the USB stick.

2) Plug in to the xbox 360.

3) Open the dashlaunch folder using by XeXMenu.

4) When i go in to the dashlaunch menu, default for dashboard and X button for XeXMenu.

5) Save the settings into the HDD.

6) Quit. 

Swizzy, am i right?

1 more problem i was not clear which is the where i need to put the (dashlaunch v3.12) folder? If i open in anyway, it will be save into my xbox 360?(because the file still inside my pendrive)

OR

just run it in XeXMenu because I see the 'How to update dashlaunch' video in youtube what they teach is they put it into the hdd.

Final decision, what i need to do is.....

1) Put dashlaunch v3.12 into the USB stick.

2) Plug in to the xbox 360.

3) Open the dashlaunch folder using by XeXMenu.

4) When i go in to the dashlaunch menu, default for dashboard and X button for XeXMenu.

5) Save the settings into the HDD.

6) Quit.

Swizzy, am i right?

1 more problem i was not clear which is the where i need to put the (dashlaunch v3.12) folder? If i open in anyway, it will be save into my xbox 360?(because the file still inside my pendrive)

OR

just run it in XeXMenu because I see the 'How to update dashlaunch' video in youtube what they teach is they put it into the hdd.

Yes, you put it anywhere you want, it's not copied anywhere unless you tell it to, the installer however install dashlaunch to the band... It's not the same file as the installer tho... These files are included within the installer tho, so nothing you have to worry about

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

1 more question, do i really need to update my dashlaunch? Any different when i was update?

Well, newer dashlaunch versions ussually contain bugfixes... and older versions don't support newer dashboards...