RealModScene
MadCoder

Noob Topic - Loading God Files

I'm very new to this, but very experienced technically. I build custom Hyperspin machines and recently I took in a 4tb drive with GOD files and XLNA games in on trade for an up.I always wanted my xbox modded so, I sent it off to be modded with a RGH. The problems is I have no experience in the xbox mod scene, so a little help in my research would be great.  When I get my Xbox back do I need to load Freestyle? What exactly do I do to be able to read and load the Games on the external HD? 

I hate being a complete noob, but a little guidance and I will do my own research to get started. That's the only way to learn.

Thanks

You install Freestyle Dash and dashlaunch, make sure you have hddalive enabled in dashlaunch if your gaming from a usb hard drive.

You will find a basic tutorial on setting this up on the site.

Once you've done that, simply add the game paths to where your games are on freestyle, and do a scan, if you have a lot of games, do that at night time when your going to bed, it will take some time to scan and download the covers for each game. If you do that, goto system settings in your official dashboard and turn off that "auto shut down" nonsense.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I will research how to do each step one at a time. I'm a patient person (being a programmer you kind of have to be) and make sure I have it done correctly the first time. I'm sure my kids will be excited.  And thanks for the over night tip.

It (XBOX) comes in tomorrow and I was told that a RGH was implemented, not Jtag. Does that effect the methods you mentioned above to load the GOD files?

It (XBOX) comes in tomorrow and I was told that a RGH was implemented, not Jtag. Does that effect the methods you mentioned above to load the GOD files?

No, it does not.

JTAG and RGH do the exact same thing, only difference is a JTAG is instant boot, RGH is not, it "resets" and can take seconds sometimes minutes to boot

JTAG and RGH do the exact same thing, only difference is a JTAG is instant boot, RGH is not, it "resets" and can take seconds sometimes minutes to boot

The end result is the same, the method to get there is not... RGH is ALOT harder then JTAG when it comes to the installation...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Is there anything I should know before I start. The Xbox has RGH. I would like to be able to read the GOD files from my 2tb external drive. Where should I begin? And after install, what should be my end result. Meaning, what needs to be installed?

Do I need XeXmenu to install Freestyle?

Is there anything I should know before I start. The Xbox has RGH. I would like to be able to read the GOD files from my 2tb external drive. Where should I begin? And after install, what should be my end result. Meaning, what needs to be installed?

You'll need these:

1. ISO2GOD (To convert ISO discs to GOD) or GOD games

2. F3 (To launch the games)

3. GUIFormat (To format your drive as FAT32 unless you've already done that in the past)

Steps:

1. Format your HDD as FAT32 (unless you've already done that)

2. Convert your ISO's to GOD (if you're converting ISO files)

3. Copy the GOD files to your harddrive, i'd recommend placing them like this:

x:\Games\GameName\GODFiles

4. Now you need to configure F3 to search for the games on your drive

5. Play the games :)

There's no difference in how you do this process between JTAG/RGH, the difference in installation between the 2 is how you do the actual hack installation...