RealModScene
jeffmangum

FSD 3 sometimes not booting

Ok sometimes it wouldnt boot to freestyle and it goes straight to the original dash. Its ok if theres an option on the xbox guide to go to freestyle home but there is not. So i have to turn it off and detach the hdd where the fsd is and put it on a different usb slot. 

What might be the problem here? Its really frustrating cause sometimes it takes time to boot.

make sure you have dashlaunch installed (the latest), and if you have freestyle on a usb, bear in mind it can also take time for the xbox to load the usb device, make sure you use the back ports.

Ok sometimes it wouldnt boot to freestyle and it goes straight to the original dash. Its ok if theres an option on the xbox guide to go to freestyle home but there is not. So i have to turn it off and detach the hdd where the fsd is and put it on a different usb slot. 

What might be the problem here? Its really frustrating cause sometimes it takes time to boot.

Seeing as you mention using "a different usb slot" meaning, a different usb port, it's safe to assume you've got F3 on a USB HDD, it's most likely an issue with this drive not beeing detected fast enough during startup... use the internal harddrive if possible, or a usb memory (they tend to be faster to initalize itself)

What Irishdave mentioned about using the back ports doesn't matter, the front or back ones are ALL the same...

front ports share the same systembus amonst other front of the xbox crap.

ports at the back have their own dedicated systembus (according to Major Nelson), this is for slims anyway.

but your right with the usb hdd, it sounds like its not being detected on time.

front ports share the same systembus amonst other front of the xbox crap.

ports at the back have their own dedicated systembus (according to Major Nelson), this is for slims anyway.

but your right with the usb hdd, it sounds like its not being detected on time.

Shouldn't make a difference, they should work the same etheir way...

The HDD is the most likely cause as some are slow to initalize, however... the console should normally be kinda hanging about on the bootanim when there's a slow hdd attatched when i come to think of it... etheir way, the internal HDD or a USB Memory (usb stick) is what i'd recommend for F3 rather then a USB HDD... even better is to place the dashlaunch configuration in one of these places, it should allow you to launch F3 later on (if the usb hdd wasn't fully detected) by just pressing Guide then Y

• Like 1

could also try ensure hddalive = true

might not make a difference but worth a try. Your the only one to have ever posted this issue (that I can recall anyway), sounds like you should invest in a new hdd

make sure you have dashlaunch installed (the latest), and if you have freestyle on a usb, bear in mind it can also take time for the xbox to load the usb device, make sure you use the back ports.

I think i have the latest dashlaunch. and this started happening after i reinstalled fsd and after plugging in and out the hdd. WAIT i dont even know my xbox has a FRONT usb port! where is it?!

Seeing as you mention using "a different usb slot" meaning, a different usb port, it's safe to assume you've got F3 on a USB HDD, it's most likely an issue with this drive not beeing detected fast enough during startup... use the internal harddrive if possible, or a usb memory (they tend to be faster to initalize itself)

What Irishdave mentioned about using the back ports doesn't matter, the front or back ones are ALL the same...

Yes. im thinking its the hdd which is the problem. cause its not a branded hdd. But i only have a 4gb xbox. If it transfer it to internal memory, would it be better? Or maybe the xbox would run slowly cause the fsd is inside the 4gb? If i use a flash drive for ONLY the fsd, then.. i would just waste an extra usb just pkugged in the console. 

I think i have the latest dashlaunch. and this started happening after i reinstalled fsd and after plugging in and out the hdd. WAIT i dont even know my xbox has a FRONT usb port! where is it?!

Yes. im thinking its the hdd which is the problem. cause its not a branded hdd. But i only have a 4gb xbox. If it transfer it to internal memory, would it be better? Or maybe the xbox would run slowly cause the fsd is inside the 4gb? If i use a flash drive for ONLY the fsd, then.. i would just waste an extra usb just pkugged in the console.

I don't recommend using the built in 4GB Memory, especially if it's a corona...

The front 2 USB ports is behind a hatch near the "bottom" of the machine if you have it standing up (vertically)

You might want to get yourself a standard 2.5" HDD and a case for it, that way you can have a internal harddrive for everything :) (it's easy to format and all that)

If your using 2 USB devices, keep one of your usb devices unplugged until it boots, that could be slowing it down too.

you can also try using the built-in memory to do what swizzy suggested, setup a custom boot-video, that can buy you a good 10 seconds and see if that helps.

built in memory is useless for FSD, especially if you'll have more than 100games, all the covers/screenshots would take up 4gb alone. Not only that, heavy usage (ie. FSD) will just burn out the flash card (Built-in memory) much quicker giving you problems in the future.

I don't recommend using the built in 4GB Memory, especially if it's a corona...

The front 2 USB ports is behind a hatch near the "bottom" of the machine if you have it standing up (vertically)

You might want to get yourself a standard 2.5" HDD and a case for it, that way you can have a internal harddrive for everything :) (it's easy to format and all that)

Ok i dont get your suggestion. What 2.5 hdd? i already have one where i have my games and the fsd... Are you suggesting i get a new one? 

If your using 2 USB devices, keep one of your usb devices unplugged until it boots, that could be slowing it down too.

you can also try using the built-in memory to do what swizzy suggested, setup a custom boot-video, that can buy you a good 10 seconds and see if that helps.

built in memory is useless for FSD, especially if you'll have more than 100games, all the covers/screenshots would take up 4gb alone. Not only that, heavy usage (ie. FSD) will just burn out the flash card (Built-in memory) much quicker giving you problems in the future.

Yeah the issue happened when i have another usb plugged in (for dlcs). I booted it up earlier and its fine.. except theres a "fsd crashed" message. Great. 

Search on ebay for an xbox 360 slim caddy, you can get them from china for next to nothing, that's a case for a standard 2.5" hard drive, Swizzy is suggesting that you use one of the hard drives as an internal hard drive, that way you're issues will be solved.

To be honest, this would be my advice too, nothing beats the reliability of internal hard drives, and at least the xbox will load FSD properly.

Once you do that (if you do that) format the hard drive, then load xexmenu and then you can ftp FSD over to the internal hard drive, then use xexmenu to load dashlaunch and configure your dashlaunch to load FSD from the internal hard drive, the downside is you'll have to FTP your games over, and that may take some time depending on how many you have.

Theres nothing else we can really help you with, your just going to have to change how you have it setup.

To clarify a little which i forgot to mention before; the 2.5" HDD must be SATA (IDE don't work!)

• Like 1