RealModScene
V3NuS

Kernel Update

how do i update my kernel that the tu 8 cod ghosts will work ? what i need to download from where i can get the latest kernel update ?

does i need to download more things ?

yeah ok thx but there is a new update xebuild 1.11 and dashlaunch 3.0 if i want to install them how do i install that ?

i need $systemupdate for 16547 someone can send me ? if i will update to 16547 or 16537 it will make a difference ?

I would just update to the very latest kernel, then use XB website to get the latest system update (ie. the avatar update)

Make sure the system update matches your kernel, otherwise your xbox may get bricked.

Link: www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

You can get the latest dashlaunch via this link...

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2924-dashlaunch-311/

I don't recommend trusting Microsoft NOT to replace the files, even if they're the same version numbers... instead use a trusted source like http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/

Comes from the same place does it not, only homebrew archieve the whole lot?

I used the system update from xb .com and was safe (after updating my kernal first via jrunner)

Comes from the same place does it not, only homebrew archieve the whole lot? I used the system update from xb .com and was safe (after updating my kernal first via jrunner)

Yes, but think for a second, what if microsoft decided to silently replace the file on their server, what will you do? well, you'll end up bricking your console without thinking about it... therefor, use trusted sources rather then the original source ;)Just because they haven't done that yet doesn't mean they won't, they have the power to do it any time they want... so do sony... sony have done it already ;)
  • Like 1

Yes, but think for a second, what if microsoft decided to silently replace the file on their server, what will you do? well, you'll end up bricking your console without thinking about it... therefor, use trusted sources rather then the original source ;)Just because they haven't done that yet doesn't mean they won't, they have the power to do it any time they want... so do sony... sony have done it already ;)

I see your point :)