RealModScene
Scoot MaGee

Issues with gamepath settings in FSD3

Hi, I'm having issues getting my games to show in the games list in Freestyle Dash. I'll try to explain what happened as best I can.

I've been installiing games into my system for about 2 months now with no issues. I have a tone of XBLA and normal 360 games and they all used to show in my freestyle dash in the correct areas with no issues. Recently I was adding some emulators to my system and when I finished I was surprised to see all of my content was missing from the FSD menu's. I made sure all my game path settings were set correctly but nothing would show up after scanning.I managed to get all my xbox 360 games to show up again by renaming the folder all my games were in and adjusting the game paths. I read around a little and found out it worked for someone else and it worked for me also.

Now my main issue is my XBLA games. For some reason after rescanning the content folder only 13 over over 100 games show up in the list. I can still find and boot everything in the original xbox dash with no issues but they're missing in FSD. I figured I could rename the folder they're in but they're all in the content folder and that can't be renamed. I'm also having issues getting my homebrew (things like XEXmenu) to show up in FSD also. Today when I booted up the only thing that was showing up under homebrew (Avatar Editor) was mysteriously gone. All of my emulators but 1 show up also but I haven't messed with that at all really.

I'm really baffled by this and can't find a solution anywhere. My system is connected online and everything worked perfectly up until yesterday. I even messed with the depth settings and tried all different game path settings and nothing works for me.

I'm going to ask silly questions :)

You have waited for the scan to be completed?

You have the scan depth deep enough (ie. scan depth 4)It only needs to be 2 if you have "Content/0000000000000000/" as a scan path, if this is how you have it set, make sure you don't have folders in between, example (conent/0000000000000000/<game id>/ is suppose to be how it is, but sometimes people do mistakes and have "Content/0000000000000000/name of game/<game id>") and therefore its not scanning the game.

If your playing from a USB Hard drive, make sure your usb device (usb0) is the same as your scanpath dir (usb0/content/0000000000000000), etc...

If you set scanpaths, do a scan then rename your scan paths, any games scanned will be removed from the list because the scan path doesn't exist.

Worse case, just do a clean install of FSD :)

Yeah I'm letting the scan complete and its on the stock internal hard drive. Actually when watching the scan progress I see that it's only scanning a portion of the folders in 0000000 before moving onto the next path. The games are all located in numbered folders within the 0000000 folder. I didn't pick the folders myself, I installed them through the normal dash board with XBLA game files I had in my regular 360. I then unlocked all of them with XM360.

I hope I don't have to do a clean install because I purchased this system already set up with freestyle dash. I'm sure I won't have any issues with a fresh install but I put a ton of work into all the games I've installed.

Thanks for your help.

Edit

Wait a sec... lol why am I thinking a fresh install will remove all my game content? It won't right? I'm just going to go ahead with the fresh install. Thanks for the info!

No, a clean install of FSD will just be fresh install of FSD, nothing else, your not deleting any other contents (Games, etc..),

setup a 2nd folder just for testing, name it hdd1:FSD or whatever and do it there. See how it goes :)

Fresh installs usually solves 99% of problems