RealModScene
malim

F3 Black Screen after booting up

Since yesterday every time I switch on the xbox I see the xbox boot logo, and then I see a black screen and I can't even press the guide button but the fan speed does increase, meaning fsd has loaded but is not shown, I then switch it off on the xbox, disconnect my external HDD(FSD is on it), switch the xbox back on, go to NXE and connect external HDD and from NXE start xex menu, I then go dashlaunch and find that the Settings for launching fsd have changed to : (none):\FSD\default.xex

Why does it keep on changing? And is this the cause of f3 not showing? How do I fix this?

it means dashlaunch has loaded.

You need to open dashlaunch and fix your paths

you may have powered on your xbox when your usb/hard drive device was disconnectd. Therefore dashlaunch may have changed it from hdd/usb: to (none)

Just fix that and you should be ok, if it still doesn't work, make sure your using the default skin, if it still doesn't work after that, just do a fresh install of FSD.

it means dashlaunch has loaded. You need to open dashlaunch and fix your paths you may have powered on your xbox when your usb/hard drive device was disconnectd. Therefore dashlaunch may have changed it from hdd/usb: to (none) Just fix that and you should be ok, if it still doesn't work, make sure your using the default skin, if it still doesn't work after that, just do a fresh install of FSD.

Thanks for replying irishdaveThe paths keep changing, I must have tried 10 times already, what is the format for setting up a path? Setup path -> save to HDD -> load from that HDD?If I wait a while before switching the xbox on while the HDD is connected, would that help?

I Would assume your HDD is connected when powering on xbox?

I save my launch.ini in hdd and flash, so if hdd isn't found, flash is booted.

sounds like a corrupt F3 skin, delete all skins in F3skins folder EXCEPT the default skin.

sounds like a corrupt F3 skin, delete all skins in F3\skins folder EXCEPT the default skin.

I moved all the other skins and yet it still does it, could it be my HDD isn't responding in time for DashLaunch to lanuch FSD? Or could there be some other thing that's interfering?

it means dashlaunch has loaded. You need to open dashlaunch and fix your paths you may have powered on your xbox when your usb/hard drive device was disconnectd. Therefore dashlaunch may have changed it from hdd/usb: to (none)  Just fix that and you should be ok, if it still doesn't work, make sure your using the default skin, if it still doesn't work after that, just do a fresh install of FSD.

(none):..... is temporary, when you boot with that device in it'll mount it and have the correct device... it never saves any setting changes unless you do it manually (go to the tab that have this function and select device followed by hitting X)

I moved all the other skins and yet it still does it, could it be my HDD isn't responding in time for DashLaunch to lanuch FSD? Or could there be some other thing that's interfering?

I'd recommend deleting the settings, perhaps even re-installing FSD manually (remove all files and put latest fsd back there)

I'd recommend deleting the settings, perhaps even re-installing FSD manually (remove all files and put latest fsd back there)

Thanks Swizzy, it worked! :D I deleted all themes along with the theme settings in the Data folder and now re-downloaded the theme and everything is fine thanks to you :)