RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
kubas121

external hdd won't power off after xbox shut down

As title says. The led on a hdd keeps flashing after console shutdown. It is not a big deal but it bugs me cause i want my drive to last as long as possible. also im kinda lazy so I dont wanna unplug it every time. It's  corona 4gb

I heard there is dashlaunch plugin for that but couldnt find it. Anyone know where I can get it or know other way to solve this problem?

There is no such thing... the USB ports are powered as long as your console is on, and when the ports are powered the hdd will try to communicate with the console which isn't responding...

The dashlaunch plugin that is for HDD's is the opposite, to keep them alive... altought it's a built in feature now a days (i think it was a plugin first...)

one way to solve the problem is to get something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/remote-control-power-socket

I have a WD My Book USB HDD and it flashes when the xbox is off. The USB HDD isnt on its just in stand-by mode(the HDD is off, its not spinning). If you think thats all yours is doing it shouldnt shorten the life of it. If you think your HDD is still spinning then you might want to look at something like what Swizzy linked you to.