RealModScene
iNeedHelp88

Help with xbox?

Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me.I bought this Jtag'd xbox 360 all setup. It had Fs3 etc all on it already. I tried to update my DashLaunch, and upon doing so, on the screen I set the default.xex to boot from etc and all went fine. Only then when I restarted it kept booting up DashLaunch, and I had to change the default.xex to default.old because the default.xex now didn't work.So rather than changing the names round again, I deleted the default.xex in FreeStyleDash folder, and now my 360 boots up the actual xbox Dashboard, I can't connect to it via ftp to put the issue right etc.I download aload of programmes and none of them allow me to now connect to the xbox to edit the filename. I tried using a usb device, but it didnt give me the option of running any programmes from it.Could someone please help me on how I can sort this mess out?Thanks in advance.A.

burn it to disk, or inject it on to a usb key that has been formatted in the 360 and when it's booted up then you'll be able to FTP in etc. ;)

There's a few ways that you can do it. all you need to do is get xex menu working again and this will then allow you to get the ip address and FTP, you can't FTP in to the stock dashboard.

Once you have xex menu running from USB or dash then you can copy it across to the HDD. 

As a general rule of thumb you should have done this anyway, then when you go to "games" xex menu would be there on the stock dashboard. (you would copy the code999 folder across to your content folder 0000000000000000) that way it'll be on your machine. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqG80gjYkxU

the default xex that you should have asked "dashlaunch/installer" to boot was the FSD default xex....not the dashlaunch/installer one" as you've found out it would automatically just boot dashlaunch (you could have if you wanted added installer/dash-launch to say the "y" button, that way when booting holding down the "y" would have booted it. 

still easy enough to fix though. ;)

If all of that is complicated then you could I suppose download and install the auto FSD installer, I think that would fix your issues as there's an option to configure dashlaunch etc. 

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/f3installer-install-freestyle-3-easily/