RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
koli99

Xbox360 price cuts once One is released?

Hi!

I'm going to buy new Xbox360 E 250GB + Kinect. Do you think it's better to wait until release of Xbox One or just buy it now? This will be my first console so I didn't follow the market when the transition happened between Xbox and Xbox 360 (did Microsoft lower the price of Xbox when Xbox360 was released?)

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

Jure

Are you planning on having this console modded? If so I would go with an older trinity slim version. Usually there is a siight price drop, but right now the slim is pretty affordable.

What confuses me is it says JTAG v4, but then shows a picture of the TX CoolRunner chip (which is used for the RGH exploit). It appears to be already modded (with the RGH exploit). It also states it comes with FSD3, Dashlaunch and xexmenu installed. If all this is true and you get a Corona with a 250gb HDD and the Kinect sensor, I would say go for it. Just so you know though, you can get any 2.5" Sata (laptop) hard-drive and put it into a modded xbox. The xbox will recognize it, configure it, then all you have to do is install the freestyle dash. I only mention this, because they have the stock model (16mb) xbox for 229,00€. You could buy that, then price out a laptop hard-drive (may be more cost effective for ya).

As far as I know they are relaible company with great  support so I don't have any fears buying at their store. It comes as it says (FSD3, Dashlaunch,...)

The only thing left is If I should go for extended warranty? I have read that earlier models suffered with overheating, ring of deaths, etc. Don't know how the latest model is performing? Do you think it's wise to purchase extended warrranty?

The xbox360 comes with 12 months, extension to 24 months is extra 26,90 Eur.

As far as I know the latest phat model (jasper) and the two revisions of the slim (trinity and corona), all have great success rates with the RROD. I've never heard of any slim getting the RROD, as far as I know, there's a fail-safe that turns the xbox off, before the RROD even occurs. You can always adjust the temperature at which the fan speed increases (you do this in dashlaunch). I'm a cheap bastard, so I would stick with the stock warranty. Only thing I would make sure of, is that they include with the purchase, a copy of your ORIGINAL NAND image, as well as your CPU Key. This is usefull for future updates and troubleshooting issues (if they arise in the future).

johnnyblackout thanks for all the help and information. Greatly appreciated!

I'm off to purchase it right now.

Thanks again!