RealModScene
jump_ace

Trouble Pointing Game Paths To USB Drive

I only have a 20GB HDD for my 360 so I bought a 1TB USB (3.0) HDD and formatted it FAT32 to be a backup to my 250GB USB HDD, which I somehow magically got configured (XBLA, 360, emulators all work great).  I copied over all the same files and folders to the new drive.  The correct size is shown in FS3 and I can see all the files and folders in the File Manager.

I go to Settings > Content Settings > Manage Game Paths and I make a new game path for XBLA for example.  I point the path to Usb0:XBLAContent000000000 (or however many zeros are in that folder) and press Y to select that folder.  I then check the XBLA boxes and leave the scan depth at 2 (tried 3 as well) and I press X to save it. 

However, when I go to XBLA in the dash it says no games avaliable.  I've tried adding Emulators too with no success.  This thing seems really buggy/not working.  I don't know what magic trick I did to get the games to work on the first USB HDD, but I've wasted soo much time trying different tricks.  I need to back this drive up with another drive in case it goes down in the future so I don't have to be without my game library.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Jerome

point the path to the "root" of the hard drive and scan depth of about 4 or 5, unless you have copied all your games too Usb0:XBLAContent000000000 which I doubt it, then it won't pick up the xex of the games as there not stored in there....

I have a folder for each system/emulator, like:

Usb0:XBLA

Usb0:XBOX 360

Usb0:EMU[NES,SNES, etc.]

I'll try that and let you know how it goes. Thanks buddy!

Jerome

No dice, still not showing anything, I tried checking the automatic boxes, XBLA, 360...still nothing.  I'm going to try a 16GB Flash drive with some data and see if I can get it to recognize that in FS3.

Jerome

it could be the data to the old paths is messed up in FSD, you could create a new FSD folder and install FSD again and then add the paths with your new hard drive plugged in. (the FSD that you have might have a messed up with you changing hard drives)

I didn't install FSD I bought the 360 like this so I know nothing about how to install it.  Is there some sort of XML file that I can edit in Windows that would let me fix the path? 

Jerome

it's dead easy mate and I can help you if you want...do you know how to use FTP.....I think a fresh install might do you(it) good, as maybe the old paths from the old drive is corrupt and therefore not displaying the paths/data correctly with the new one installed. 

I think for now I'll keep it the way it is, it is working and I have a party coming up so I don't want to mess it up for that.  But maybe afterwards, I would appreciate some assistance :thumbup:

Jerome

I have the same problemn, just add a topic aobut this.. But you say reinstall FSD? I will try that.. Just add a new folder in the internal HDD and adjust the launch.ini file?